April 2023 GMC Call for Bounty Applications - Deadline is April 15th

Bounty

What is the nature of the proposed bounty?

Add metrics collection and Grafana dashboard to the official Rocket Pool Node Operator guides documentation for Native Mode users.

Must the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, a requirement for this bounty is that the code be submitted as a pull request to GitHub - rocket-pool/docs.rocketpool.net: Rocket Pool Documentation & Guide Hub .

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

N/A

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help rETH holders?

N/A

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

The Grafana dashboard is an important tool for assessing the health, stability, and income of your node. Right now, “official” support is limited to Docker mode users though. People coming in (especially those who are solo stakers intending to migrate) may run in Native configurations and they should have access to it as well so they can track their node’s performance as easily as Docker mode users.

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

For people running in Native mode already that have simply learned to live without Grafana or use an alternative way to monitor their node, this would help bring them up to the same quality of life as Docker mode users.

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help the Rocket Pool community?

Among the obvious benefits listed above, it gives people on Discord the ability to screenshot the dashboard for bragging rights when sync committees come up.

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help RPL holders?

N/A

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from the bounty being successfully completed?

N/A

Will the results of the completed bounty be open source?

Yes, they will be required to be open sourced on GitHub - rocket-pool/docs.rocketpool.net: Rocket Pool Documentation & Guide Hub .

Work and Verification

What steps would be entailed in completing the bounty? Do successful examples of such work exist elsewhere?

Completing the bounty will involve modifying the source code for the documentation website and submitting a pull request.
Specifically, it will involve editing the following page:

and replacing all “Coming Soon!” content for Native Mode with detailed and completed instructions for metrics and Grafana operation in Native configurations.

How long is the proposed bounty available for? Is it awarded to the first team to successfully claim it, or is it in some way divided among all such successful claims in the proposed availability period?

The first submission to successfully pass the criteria will receive the bounty (see below).

Who will test any products submitted for claiming the bounty?

Me (JCRTP).

What is the acceptance criteria for awarding of the bounty?

Bounty payout will be at the scrutiny of me (JCRTP) predicated on review to ensure the instructions work across a wide variety of Native mode setups and the submission meets the quality standards for our documentation.

Payment

How much RPL is the applicant requesting for successful completion of the bounty?

TBD pending discussion with the rest of the GMC but I’m guessing something in the neighborhood of 10-20 RPL.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the bounty have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the successful completion of the bounty).

Yes, I’m on the GMC and am a development team member. Writing this portion of the docs technically falls under my responsibility. I’m posting this as a way to incentivize the community to contribute in my stead since I believe it’s important after Shapella and I will not be able to complete it in a timely fashion.

Will the applicant, or any protocol or project in which the applicant has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the bounty is successfully completed?

No.