April 2023 GMC Call for Bounty Applications - Deadline is April 15th

Bounty

What is the nature of the proposed bounty?

Complete the FAQs section for Liquid Stakers in the guide documentation.

Must the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, a requirement for this bounty is that the code be submitted as a pull request to GitHub - rocket-pool/docs.rocketpool.net: Rocket Pool Documentation & Guide Hub .

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

While the documentation is thorough in its walkthroughs of how to swap tokens, we still see a lot of questions in Discord about the process and the options. That implies there is an audience for an FAQ section on the docs for liquid stakers which is unfortunately missing. Adding one would help prospective liquid stakers that aren’t familiar with (or comfortable with) our Discord get the answers they need regarding common questions about the token and the swapping process.

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help rETH holders?

Same as above.

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

N/A

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

N/A

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help the Rocket Pool community?

N/A

If the bounty is successfully completed, how does this help RPL holders?

N/A

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from the bounty being successfully completed?

N/A

Will the results of the completed bounty be open source?

Yes, they will be required to be open sourced on GitHub - rocket-pool/docs.rocketpool.net: Rocket Pool Documentation & Guide Hub .

Work and Verification

What steps would be entailed in completing the bounty? Do successful examples of such work exist elsewhere?

Completing the bounty will involve modifying the source code for the documentation website and submitting a pull request.

How long is the proposed bounty available for? Is it awarded to the first team to successfully claim it, or is it in some way divided among all such successful claims in the proposed availability period?

I will accept multiple submissions for this bounty, and the payout will be split based on the amount of content and thoroughness of the answers that each one provides.

Who will test any products submitted for claiming the bounty?

Me (JCRTP).

What is the acceptance criteria for awarding of the bounty?

Bounty payout will be at the scrutiny of me (JCRTP) predicated on review to both verify the answers and confirm the submission meets the quality standards for our documentation.

Payment

How much RPL is the applicant requesting for successful completion of the bounty?

TBD pending discussion with the rest of the GMC but I’m expecting something in the neighborhood of 2-4 RPL per question and answer.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the bounty have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the successful completion of the bounty).

Yes, I’m on the GMC and am a development team member. Writing this portion of the docs technically falls under my responsibility. I’m posting this as a way to incentivize the community to contribute in my stead since I believe it’s important after Shapella and I will not be able to complete it in a timely fashion.

Will the applicant, or any protocol or project in which the applicant has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the bounty is successfully completed?

No.