April 2023 GMC Call for Grant Applications - Deadline is April 15th

Grants Application

Project

POAP designs and distributions for the community

What is the work being proposed?

POAP distribution for major smartnode updates and special community events.

1. Design POAP for required node updates. Every time there is a high priority smart node update, create thread incentivizing members to update, then distribute POAPs to anyone who updated within 24 hours. I did this for 1.9.0 but would do it for every required update this period. This POAP would be unique in design but the same template would be used for each update.

2. Design and distribute 6+ POAPs for special community events this period. I do this randomly now depending on my schedule but making this consistent should drive community engagement. These would use my standard orange border design unless otherwise was requested.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

These are things I have done in the past.

Will the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, CC-BY 2.0

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

How does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

N/A

How does this help rETH holders?

N/A

How does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

N/A

How does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

Incentivizes them to update their nodes.

How does this help the Rocket Pool community?

Stronger security with more nodes updates. Stronger community engagement with POAP drops.

How does this help RPL holders?

More POAPs to look forward to for special events.

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

N/A

Will the resulting project be open source?

N/A

Team

Who is doing the work?

ShfRyn

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

I have done it in the past for both free and commissioned projects.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

A thread would be created after every required smartnode upgrade this period.

The 6+ special events would be planned to be spaced out, 2 events each mo. would be the goal. This will incorporate both surprise events and events crafted by me or the community in order to achieve this. I.E. a new member joining the oDao might be a surprise event, while a whale appreciation day might be a crafted event.

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

N/A

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

I will provide the template for the updating node poap as a PSD if requested.

Payment and Verification

What is the acceptance criteria?

POAP designed and distributed for required smartnode updates

6+ POAPs designed and distributed for special events

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much RPL and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

$500 / mo for 3 months

How will the GMC verify that the work’s deliveries match the proposed cadence?

They can view the distributions on the POAP app.

What alternatives or options have been considered in order to save costs for the proposed project?

I project costs of:

$500 for design and distribution of the Node Update POAPS

$1000 for the six+ special events

The distribution can be very time consuming, I’ve had special events where I have had to DM 200+ people individually to distribute one POAP.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

I am a member of the GMC.

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?

N/A

1 Like