April 2023 GMC Call for Retrospective Award Applications - Deadline is April 15th

Rocket Pool Loding

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

Xer0

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of?

The purpose of this retrospective award application is to cover the costs for all the participants who paid for their stay at the Rocket Pool lodge in ETHDenver, retreat, and transportation costs associated with moving between airbnb’s as a group.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

There was no coding involved in making this trip happen

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

N/A

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help rETH holders?

N/A

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

N/A

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

Many of the people attending the RP Lodge were Node Operators and subsidizing the cost of lodging would enhance their experience of the conference

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help the Rocket Pool community?

This event at ETHDenver has passed just recently and the community lodging was able to achieve a successful gathering of people from different backgrounds and cultures with Rocket Pool being the main reason for the gathering. The vision of this grant is to help build a strong and resilient community for years to come through community growth.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help RPL holders?

The lodging was able to promote massive amounts of community engagement, network connections, the start of collaborations, and even engagement with people outside of the community.

Payment

How much RPL is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

City Airbnb + Transportation: $13,110 (292 RPL)

Retreat Airbnb: $6,309 (141 RPL)

Bowling Event: (Covered by Langers)

Gas cost to Distribute: 2 RPL

Total Grant: 435 RPL

Please send awards to Ethdenver.xer0.eth and it will be distributed to all attendees once approved.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

Attendees to trust that I will send it to them once received. (I took payment to organized the airbnb, so I’m sure people can trust me)