April 2023 GMC Call for Retrospective Award Applications - Deadline is April 15th

Retrospective Award

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

@Invis

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

This application is for Rocket Watch. Rocket Watch has been around longer than I have, so if people have stuff to add, please DM me.

Rocket Watch serves many roles in discord. It populates a wider variety of events as they happen, and provides a massive variety of interactive functions:

Entertainment: 8ball, dice, sea_creatures
Ethereum info: burn_reason, call, get_block_by_timestamp
RP info: clear_queue, client_combo_ranking, client_distribution, collateral_distribution, current_reth_apr, deposit_pool, dev_time, effective_rpl_staked, get_abi_of_contract, get_address_of_contract, latest_releases, liquidity, minipool_balance_stats, minipool_distribution, node_fee_distribution, queue, rpl_apr, smoothing_pool, tvl, user_distribution, version_chart, votes, withdrawable_rpl
Defi RP info: curve, dai_stats, maker_vaults, yearn
Special purpose: analyze_pairs_max_leb, merge_ttd, odao_challenges, poap-autoclaim, support templates, wall

Rocket Watch is reference constantly. Additionally, invis has been a great dev. They have added new functions as soon as the need was shown, and have been good about keeping functions up to date (eg, recently rolled out LEB8 support for events).

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

GPL v3

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

/current_reth_apr is used regularly. Support templates are used constantly when talking to newcomers.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help rETH holders?

/current_reth_apr is good info for LST holders.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

Support templates are used constantly. RPL apr is used directly to answer questions, and /current reth_apr can be used to model NO profitability.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

n/a

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help the Rocket Pool community?

Rocket Watch serves as: an ear to the ground, information at our fingertips, and something purely fun. It’s great to have around and brings a lot of value.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help RPL holders?

Nothing specific

Payment

I propose a payment of $40k, but I’ll grant I mostly made that up after looking at january GMC outcomes. Happy to discuss that number.

5 Likes