How to benefit from providing rETH Liquidity

Kind of coming in late on that topic. But would you care to explain in what scenarios staking on Balancer would be more profitable than staking on Aura ?

I guess holding veBAL (a substantial amount) would be one reason ? Due to the boosting of LP rewards.

As you say - being a big veBAL holder is when direct on balancer may be better.

FYI: thereā€™s now a live, community-maintained document with defi opportunities at https://tinyurl.com/rpdefi.

1 Like

This probably isnā€™t quite the place, I know I can check their discord and forum, and need to DMOR, but anyone have suggestions for the BAL and AURA received from Aura? I know with the Aura you can lock it and get auraBAL, but then not sure what to do with that. Same question with the BAL, but that I guess you can plow back into 80/20 BAL/WETH pool?

I have a couple of YT videos queued up, but if anyone has a good resource Iā€™d appreciate any links or other suggestions.

TIA

I like to work with as few assets as possible to keep my life simple, so Iā€™d prolly consolidate into rETH or a bigger LP position. My take is that if I wouldnā€™t choose to buy an asset, I wonā€™t hold it just cuz I got it as an emission/airdrop.

If you want to be active in this space, also check out vlAURA which gets you a share of hidden hand bribes.

2 Likes

With the Aura Finance upgrade that just occurred it looks like we will need to migrate any positions from the old version to the new. However, this pool (among others) do not currently have a ā€œMigrateā€ option, but instead a message reads ā€œNo new gauge exists for this pool, rewards will soon end.ā€ Does anyone know anything about this? Iā€™d like to continue contributing to the Aura pool if possible.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m an Aura contributor so hopefully I can help answer your question.

Weā€™re currently undergoing the migration as I type this message. You should see the new pools up soon! Additionally, there will be posts on the Aura socials that will help to explain the process. Lastly, if you still need any help please visit the Aura discord for questions, comments or concerns!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve migrated my rETH - RPL pool investment. What happens to the AURA/BAL reward tokens from the initial investment? Do the new ones add to these or do I have to claim them now? Also how do any RPL rewards provided by Hidden Hand get earned by an Aura investor?

You will have to claim the existing rewards from the old pools separately, you will not receive the AURA tokens immediately as the old pools no longer mint on-demand but any pending rewards should be airdropped to you on December 22nd.

Additional info about the migration can be found in this twitter thread and the Aura Finance discord:
https://twitter.com/AuraFinance/status/1602809800475058176

Regarding hidden hand, rewards (bribes) are earned by voting for various gauges (pools) using time-locked BAL/ETH tokens (veBAL or auraBAL). AURA stakers earn platform fees and vote using the protocol owned veBAL.

Unfortunately this doesnā€™t lend itself to a quick explanation, if you are interested I would suggest beginning by reading about the Curve veCRV model as veBAL and Aura are adapted from it.
https://curve.readthedocs.io/dao-vecrv.html

1 Like

I think I get it re Hidden Hand. Instead of locking CRV I need to lock AURA which I can then use to get access to the HH rewards. Until now I havenā€™t had any AURA which is why that option has not been available to me. Presumably if I invest in the rETH-WETH pool my locked AURA will also give me access to the rETH-WETH HH rewards? And I can also buy AURA and lock it as well as reinvesting the ones I have earned?

I think you also need to vote with the locked Aura, and you get rewards based o. Where you vote. But sounds like youā€™ve got the idea.