January 2023 GMC Call for Grant Applications - Deadline is January 15th

Grants Application

Project

What is the work being proposed?

Translate Jasper(jasperthefriendlyghost.eth)’s recent article titled “Why Paradigm Was Wrong: How rETH Will Flip stETH”(Link: Why Paradigm Was Wrong: How rETH Will Flip stETH — jasperthefriendlyghost.eth) into Korean (including translations of parts to be updated in the future) and publish it and keep translating for updated contents.
However, translation of inserted pictures is excluded.
The results will be published on Korean blog services.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

1. Jasper’s article “Why Paradigm Was Wrong: How rETH Will Flip stETH”: Why Paradigm Was Wrong: How rETH Will Flip stETH — jasperthefriendlyghost.eth
  2. Chinese version 为什么 Paradigm 错了:论 rETH 将如何逆袭 stETH — EthereumCN

Will the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes.

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

• General Answer -
    Korean crypto people suffer from a lack of information, mistranslated information, and slow delivery of information.
    In particular, there is a lack of information about Ethereum staking in South Korea. As a result, there are many cases where people hold Ethereum but are unaware of staking.
    A very small percentage of Korean crypto people are aware of Lido, very little others are interested in solo staking, and most of them only know Ethereum staking as Cex staking.
    Although I have been working hard on Twitter an “Rocket Pool Korea”, awareness of Rocket Pool and LSD among Koreans is still very low.
    Jasper’s recent article can be a valuable resource for Korean crypto people about Rocket Pool and LSD in general.
    Jasper’s article can be repeatedly referenced for at least a year, contains a wealth of information, and emphasizes Rocket pool’s competitiveness, so it needs to be translated into multiple languages.
    There may be concerns that Jasper’s article may be difficult for the general crypto public in Korea, who do not even have the concept of LSD.
    However, it can be read by famous crypto influencers in Korea, inform them about RP, and then slowly information about RP can be spread from them.
    Although there will be little immediate effect of my translation, this translation will slowly spread the power of Ethereum staking and the importance of LSD to Koreans for at least a year in the future.
    It will also facilitate the introduction of rETH and Rocketpool nodes in South Korea.

How does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

This can spread the concept of LSD and its benefits to Korean readers.

How does this help rETH holders?

Decentralization of Ethereum nodes can be improved by improving the regional distribution of nodes.

How does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

This can spread the future promise of operating Rocket pool node to Korean readers.

How does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

NA

How does this help the Rocket Pool community?

This promotes the growth of the Korean Rocket pool community.

How does this help RPL holders?

RPL prices are expected to rise due to new Korean entrants.

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

Awareness of Ethereum staking can be improved.

Will the resulting project be open source?

Yes.

Team

Who is doing the work?

Me alone. If necessary to meet the deadline, some parts can be outsourced to some members of the Korean Ethereum community. In this case, the grants will be distributed accordingly by me.

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

I have been active in the Rocketpool community since 2021. I am running a Rocketpool node and have a thorough understanding of RPL tokenomics.
I’m not an Ethereum expert or an economics expert, but with the help of dictionaries and Google, I can translate jargon. Also, I can understand some Western memes and translate them into Korean terms.
I am not a translation expert either, but as part of my main job, I have experience translating several professional reports.
My main job is to write documents, so I am good at writing documents.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

1 - initial translation : ~ 29th January (about 2 weeks)
2 - review : ~ 1st February (3 days)
3 - final review and editing: ~ 3rd February (2 days)
4 - publish and promote: ~ 4th February
5 - Translation of updated parts: Anytime until the end of 2023

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

The work can be tested by reverse-translation (via machine translate) or peer review and the testing is not included in the schedule.

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

After translated and published, my work(translated article) will promoted in some of the Korean crypto community.
Once a month, I’ll check the original article for updates, and if so, I’ll translate that updated part.

Payment and Verification

What is the acceptance criteria?

Translated article published at least 1 website(blog service).

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much RPL and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

Jasper’s article has 13223 words.
13223 * 80 won = 1,057,840 won = $855 (USD)
1 RPL = $28, so $855 = 30 RPL
So, I demand 30 RPL.
I’ll be paid after translation is finished and there is at least 1 publishing.

How will the GMC verify that the work’s deliveries match the proposed cadence?

You can check the amount of translation to see if all parts have been translated, and translation verification is possible with machine translation for random parts.

What alternatives or options have been considered in order to save costs for the proposed project?

NA

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

NA

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?```

NA