January 2023 GMC Call for Grant Applications - Deadline is January 15th

Grants Application

Project

What is the work being proposed?

This is a grant application for Rocket Fuel, a daily youtube show and podcast about everything happening in the Rocket Pool community.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

This work will continue from the existing Rocket Fuel episodes and social media presence.

Will the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

This is closed source currently, but I am willing to make it open sourced if it is possible for a project like this. With this grant, I will be in the position to never having to monetize Rocket Fuel with ads/sponsorships etc.

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

How does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

Rocket Fuel is a crucial information source for people wanting to learn about what they can do with their rETH and why rETH is better than competitors. I frequently share information about price premiums/discounts as well as give information about the best mediums of exchange.

How does this help rETH holders?

I frequently share information about using rETH in DeFi.

How does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

It gives people information on the Rocket Pool ecosystem and community which will helps them reach a more informed decision about staking.

How does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

Rocket Fuel shares information about the latest updates in software, protocol changes, etc.

How does this help the Rocket Pool community?

The Rocket Pool ecosystem and community are thriving. It is incredibly difficult for an individual to be current on everything happening in the community. Simultaneously, being up-to-date is extremely desirable for community members due to their significant financial investments. Rocket Fuel provides a daily summary of all activities in the ecosystem. It has become an anchor of the community.

How does this help RPL holders?

Rocket Fuel shares news about things that impact RPL holders.

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

None directly. However, I do cover Rocket Pool integrations and partnerships with other protocols that might benefit them adjacently.

Will the resulting project be open source?

At the moment, it is not open-sourced, but this is something I am willing to discuss.

Team

Who is doing the work?

Waqwaqattack has been making Rocket Fuel episodes since August, and he will continue making and distributing content.

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

His experience is that he has already been doing the work for months.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

The proposed work is a daily episode (5 a week) covering news from the Rocket Pool community. There will be a reasonable number of “vacation” days built into the schedule - especially around holidays.

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

NA

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

The work will be available on YouTube and podcast hosting services. It will always be ad and sponsorship free.

Payment and Verification

What is the acceptance criteria?

The acceptance criteria is the continuation of Rocket Fuel episodes

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much RPL and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

This grant is seeking 310 RPL per rewards cycle. The grant is seeking funding for the calendar year 2023. Running Rocket Fuel is a full-time job. This rate is much less than a traditional salary for a media content production job - especially one in a complex field.

How will the GMC verify that the work’s deliveries match the proposed cadence?

Episodes will be released to the community. Any breaks will be made clear as early as possible.

What alternatives or options have been considered in order to save costs for the proposed project?

These costs are already significantly lower than the cost of a similar position if it was a formal job or contract work.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

Waqwaqattack is a member of the GMC.

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?

This grant will allow me to continue working on Rocket Fuel full-time as a way of becoming an income source. The grant itself will benefit me financially. However, this will not impact any other financial income in any way.

1 Like