January 2023 GMC Call for Retrospective Award Applications - Deadline is January 15th

So, I had initially decided I didn’t want to submit for a retroactive reward, but @waqwaqattack bought me some liquor and told me he’d write it for me.

What follows was written by @waqwaqattack and I have only edited for yaml formatting.

It is a bit sparse on details of the work done, but part of that is due to the nature of the work in #support, and part of it is due to @waqwaqattack ghost-writing this for me.

For more details on the backlog of completed work, the “What is your history of involvement with Rocket Pool?” section of my oDAO “application” is a good summary: link
(Since then I have also added https://sp.sprocketpool.net to my oeuvre)

Thank you @waqwaqattack and sorry for making you recuse yourself

Retrospective Award Application

Retrospective Award

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

Patches

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

This work is in recognition of my work in the Rocket Pool Discord’s support channel. This work has taken place over a year that I have been helping node operators in support.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

NA - the discord messages were all public

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

NA

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help rETH holders?

I helped node operators come online and solve issues with their nodes. This meant their nodes were more effectively online and did not reduce rETH rewards.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

I have helped hundreds of node operators with questions they have had in setting up their nodes. The vast majority of new node operators have some questions about their node set up, and I have helped a huge number of them with their questions and problems.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

Almost all node operators face issues with their nodes at some point. These range from pruning issues to problems that might get them slashed. I have helped hundreds of people troubleshoot issues with their nodes.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help the Rocket Pool community?

The rocket pool community trusts me to help them with their node issues. I have a reputation in the community for being helpful and supportive.

How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help RPL holders?

NA

Payment

How much RPL is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

I am requesting 3000 rpl tokens for this work.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

NA

2 Likes