July 2023 GMC Call for Grant Applications - Deadline is July 15th

Grants Application

Project: ShfRyn’s POAPs

What is the work being proposed?

During Round 2, I submitted an application to design a POAP for each smartnode update, as well as six additional POAPs for random events over a three-month period. The application was accepted for a one-moth term. The committee expressed concerns regarding the lack of clarity regarding the number of POAPs that would be delivered. In this revised application, I have streamlined the proposal to provide a clear indication of the exact number of POAPs that will be delivered.

I propose:

• Designing and distributing 4 POAPs / month over a six month period
  • POAP for every smartnode update
  • 24 POAPs total

There’s so many ways to utilize POAP to drive engagement within our community. Examples include: memorializing special events, driving more participants to chit-chat, incentivizing timely node updates, etc. My goal is to setup a system that takes advantage of those opportunities.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

Yes, it builds off of my POAP designs and distributions for the community application from the first period. During that month I designed and distributed the following:

• Update to 1.9.4
    76 people received this POAP
    It encouraged upgrading Rocket Pool software within 24 hours.
  • Chit-Chat
    25 people received this POAP
    I believe the chit-chat had a lot more attendees than usual
  • This is Fine
    89 people received this POAP
    During a day of pretty bad news, it incentivized RPL holders to look on the bright side
  • Update to 1.9.5
    67 people received this POAP
  • Update to 1.9.6
    54 people received this POAP

Will the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

N/A

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

How does this help the Rocket Pool community?

The Rocket Pool community has consistently demonstrated a strong enthusiasm for POAPs. By leveraging the power of POAPs, we can effectively generate interest in community events, incentivize prompt node upgrades, elevate morale, and foster increased engagement on Discord.

How does this help RPL holders?

N/A

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

N/A

Will the resulting project be open source?

N/A

Team

Who is doing the work?

ShfRyn

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

I did a one-month term for POAP designs approved by the GMC, and I’ve designed over 50 unique POAPs for the Rocket Pool community over the last year.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

~4 POAPs/mo. I wanted to leave some room for flexibility here. I.E. if I go over or under during certain months it’s acceptable as long as I hit the 24 total at the end of the six-month period.

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

Threads will be created for each POAP where engagement and participation can be viewed.

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

N/A

Payment and Verification

What is the acceptance criteria?

24 total POAPs which can be verified on the official POAP website.

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much RPL and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

$500/month. Six months. $3000 total

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

I am a non-voting administrator of the GMC.

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?

No

1 Like