July 2023 GMC Call for Grant Applications - Deadline is July 15th

GMC_lite fund

What is the work being proposed?

• Fund an L2 multisig that can be used for small awards (as little bounties or little retrostpective awards)
  • The L2 multisig should have the same owners as the mainnet GMC wallet
  • I suggest funding it with 200 RPL as a starting point and getting community feedback before refilling it
  • I suggest limiting to 10 RPL, and preferring 0.5-2 range
  • I suggest requiring 3 signatures for this multisig as a reasonable tradeoff between convenience and safety - a quick reward feels nicer for recipients
  • There should be a thread for #GMC_lite where GMC members post why someone received tokens
  • Rocket Scientists are not eligible (they are already paid for essentially random help)

I’m thinking stuff like a 0.5 RPL tip as a thank you for a dune dashboard update, documentation cleanup, etc.

Similarly it can be used as a quick bounty: “Looks like query is no longer being maintained and it would help answer some questions on an active Aave proposal - can someone fix it and bring it up to date? 3 RPL bounty from #GMC_lite.” I suggest a convention of honoring offers like this except in cases where there is something egregiously off.

The GMC should keep an eye on GMC_lite work so they can tweak it. “hey maybe we should reward X less often”, “hey - Val keeps doing meh work and getting tips”, etc. Despite being 3-vote at the specific award level, the strategy should be steered by the majority.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

The GMC? haha

Will the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

The benefits depend entirely on the things that are funded. At a high level, I’m hoping this spurs activity and community vibes.

Team

Who is doing the work?

The GMC.

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

They do the same work at larger/longer scale. This is probably a much funner version of it.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

No particular timeline. Once funds are low, the community should be asked how it’s gone so we can determine if we want to be more aggressive/conservative, if there are concerns with what’s being awarded, etc.

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

N/A

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

N/A

Payment and Verification

What is the acceptance criteria?

GMC interest and able to get 3 votes.

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much RPL and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

Payment to the fund is up front (at least until a potential renewal, with community feedback before that)

How will the GMC verify that the work delivered matches the proposed cadence?

No cadence proposed.

What alternatives or options have been considered in order to save costs for the proposed project?

N/A

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

No

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?

No

1 Like