Liquidity Incentives

I’m 100% against increasing rpl inflation by any amount. Instead, I think we should just do a better job at promoting rETH or only if necessary rearrange inflation allocation slightly. I think providing incentives is a waste of money long term, as it’s difficult to say if the people who stayed in the pools would have been there regardless of extra incentives. Most people just farm incentives and run imo, hence just giving away free money at the cost of long term rpl price.

Yes, not capturing growth sucks but we will be better off long term without the increase in inflation. It’s a strong possibility that the demand for rETH will significantly increase post merge as people will likely see an increase in yield and want to get into staking quickly, hence we get right back on track.

Editing: If we need the incentives than my proposal is reallocating a percentage from oDao into pDao, adding an additional team spot to make up for their lost income, and maybe asking the team to supply any remaining amount that we determine to be necessary. Preferably, we would have some data backed evidence of the needed amount. Inflation would go unchanged.

4 Likes