Round 11 - Call For Bounty Applications - Deadline is April 7

Rocket Pool Design Architect

General Information

What is the nature of the proposed bounty?

This is a bounty for someone to dedicate time and effort to making pDAO stuff happen. For example, figure out how to make better use of the existing volunteer pool and grow the pool. Write out more detailed specs of work that needs to happen to progress on the roadmap for Rocket Pool’s future. And/or write that roadmap and get buy-in from relevant stakeholders. etc.

Why are you writing this bounty proposal?

Everything is happening too slowly and is bottlenecked on capacity of key volunteers like Valdorff. I have a hunch we could move faster if better organised. And that organisation may be something we can just pay for.

Benefit

The benefits are to Rocket Pool protocol as a whole. Especially to RPL holders since it would presumably lead to improved RPL/ETH ratio if the protocol succeeds. But all stakeholders in Rocket Pool benefit, and I would not know how to break these benefits down per stakeholder in a meaningful way.

Which other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals would stand to benefit from the bounty being successfully completed?

If this works it could be a good role model for other DAOs. And if it doesn’t work, a fateful lesson.

Work

What steps would be entailed in completing the bounty? Do successful examples of such work exist elsewhere? What skillsets or knowledge will be required?

Figure out what needs doing and who can do it, and be the interface between them. Automate and systematise as much of your job away into infrastructure and processes. I think the skillset/knowledge is “program manager” or “team lead” or, in the words of @Valdorff , “design, architecture, whatever”.

@LongForWisdom seems kinda good at this already actually. But we need more.

What advice would you give a bounty hunter working on this bounty?

You need to love Rocket Pool and making things happen, and feel excited about the opportunity to make things run much better yourself.

Should the output of this bounty be available under an open source license?

If there’s anything copyrightable produced then sure, of course.

Costs

How much do you think the completion of this bounty worth to Rocket Pool (in USD)?

I would set it at something like $200,000 per year. But really whoever is doing this should find a better way to figure out costing than my gut.

How much work will be needed to verify this bounty has been completed? What skillsets or knowledge will be required?

Rocket Pool stops sucking.

Structure

How would you structure this bounty, and why?

This bounty should essentially pay out a salary to someone doing a job. Stability (dependable expectations) on both sides of the equation is beneficial.

Is this bounty repeatable?

Yes.

Are there any reasonable circumstances under which this bounty should be withdrawn? Should it expire?

Sure, the same kind of conditions under which someone would get fired or let go for failing to do their job. And maybe at some point if it seems like Rocket Pool (mainly the pDAO actually) is so automated that it doesn’t need anyone to coordinate running it. I don’t anticipate the latter being the case for a long while though.

Conflicts of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the bounty have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the successful completion of the bounty).

No.

Will the applicant, or any protocol or project in which the applicant has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the bounty is successfully completed?

No.