Round 11 - Call For Grant Applications - Deadline is April 7

Rocket Pool Summit Grant

What is the work being proposed?

Fund regularly hosted Rocket Pool meetup events where community members can meet in approved locations (cities) twice a year, and be reimbursed up to a certain amount for their expenses.

Right now ETH Denver is the primary event for the Rocket Pool community. This grant would serve to promote more in-person communication and networking throughout the year, and also give another chance for those that may have missed ETH Denver that year.

Cities would need to be approved or added in order to streamline the process, encourage regular events, and cut down on administration verification. Following an approval of the grant, those interested in being hosts, or organizers can submit their location’s details. Their application would include the city, potential meeting locations, and a list of community members that have voiced interest in attending an event there.

Once a city is approved, they can advertise and organize events on their own, they would just need to hit all of the requirements to be eligible for reimbursement.

Funding Details:

• Up to 15 community members per event
  • Up to $50 reimbursement per member, per event
  • 1 event per city, per six months
  • $3,000 annual (calendar year) budget

Ideally this would only be for community members, the reimbursement wouldn’t cover friends, family, etc.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

The GMC has funded volunteers for ETH Denver in the past.

See a conversation thread I started specifically about the Summit Grant idea here.

Benefit

<please enter N/A where appropriate>

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders N/A
rETH holders N/A
Potential NOs Organizers could invite potential NOs to help explain the protocol to them
NOs Boosts community morale, engagement and discussion
Community This would be one of the most impactful ideas to make the RP community more interactive and in-person
RPL holders Token price correlates with sentiment, and active discussions contribute to fostering a more positive community sentiment.

Which other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

None

Work

Who is doing the work?

GMC will be verifying applications and payment requests.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

Ideally having six established locations utilize the grant regularly (twice a year) would be a good goal for the first year. At ten people in attendance per event, and twelve events, that would cost $3,000.

Costs

What is the acceptance criteria?

Upon approval of a location application, the GMC will post the location into a designated channel on the GMC server. Events must be prominently advertised on the dao.rocketpool.net website at least one month (30 days) before their scheduled date. Reimbursement requests must be lodged with the GMC Administrator within 30 days following the conclusion of the event, either directly or by posting on the GMC server.

Requirements For Reimbursement:

• Picture of check / bill
  • Photo of group
  • List of Discord handles
  • Event took place in approved city (or within 30 miles)
  • Minimum 4 members in attendance
  • A $5 POAP ticket must be purchased prior to the event, this amount will be refunded upon successful attendance of the event (ShfRyn can help facilitate this)

Is the applicant requesting RPL or LUSD?

RPL recalculated at time of event.

The bill would be divided by the number in attendance and that number would be sent out equally to each attendee.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

I am the GMC administrator. I would likely apply to host events in the Philadelphia area.

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?

No.

Other

I did try and write this as a bounty but a lot of the mechanics made me come to the conclusion that it makes more sense as a grant. I think the primary reason is because bounties have shifted towards hiring outside help, where the goal of this is to have a feature / perk embedded into the pdao.