Round 6 - GMC Call for Retrospective Awards - Deadline is November 11

Hildobby’s Ethereum Staking Dashboard

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

@hildobby (also @hildobby on discord, hildobby on dune, @hildobby_ on birdapp)

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

This retro is specifically for https://dune.com/hildobby/eth2-staking (which was previously https://dune.com/hildobby/ETH2-Deposits). It has been referenced routinely in the RP discord since August of 2022. A quick search turned up ~40 hits on the URL, plus derivatives from it are used regularly (plots directly, “this has gone up X amount” in a discord comment or twitter post, dashboards/queries forked from hildobby’s, etc). Hildobby has been responsive to feedback from the RP community and sought out feedback. Hildobby also continuously improves this work - for example they recently turned up a large tranche of previously unlabeled Coinbase validators.

Per Hildobby, they’ve previously received ~$600 worth of tokens from a Lido grant 4/2022 and ~$4400 worth of DAI from ethstaker 6/2022. I’m not sure if those are for a specific dashboard of not, but seemed worth a mention.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

I didn’t see any specific callouts beyond the general Dune ToS

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders Help users understand the overall staking space, including the popularity of staking, the popularity of liquid staking, Lido dominance, centralized entities, RP, and RP competitors.
rETH holders Ditto
Potential NOs Ditto
NOs Ditto
Community Ditto; and this work is routinely used to help answer community questions or post about market dynamics.
RPL holders Ditto; insofar as holders believe there’s a link between the success of rETH and the success of RPL

Payment

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

$3000. I think this dashboard bring a ton of value, but I’m trying to keep this a little modest to reflect that the value is not all RP value.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

No

2 Likes