Round 7 - GMC Call for Retrospective Awards - Deadline Is December 10

Governance facilitation

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

Valdorff

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

This covers routine RPIPs I’ve facilitated since the last governance facilitation award.

• RPIP-19
    • S: fresh RPIP - some discussion around details with community and team
  • RPIP-20
    • S: adds two bullets to IMC charter, some discussion around details with community. (20 post thread, some discord)
  • RPIP-21:
    • XS: got community discussion and support; 10 post forum thread
    • ended up getting aborted after team clarification – changed to an informational RPIP to have a reference in the future
  • RPIP-28
    • S: fresh RPIP, some discussion around details with community (20 post thread, some discord)
  • Governance digest
    • There have been 5 separate times when there’s been enough governance stuff ongoing that I’ve kept and broadcast a summary to help people be able to follow it all.

Note: I am explicitly leaving off RPIP-4 voting body resolution and RPIP-30. I will be posting something for those, but they seem too large to include in a bundle.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

I don’t want to claim the contents of the RPIPs as benefits here, though there’s plenty. The award here is meant to cover the effort to get from “casual idea that gets tossed out in discord” to something that can be voted on. The main benefits I’ve provided:

• A concrete starting point
  • Active encouragement to discuss and give feedback on both discord and forum
  • The brunt of RPIP writing and formalizing
  • Aid for tracking ongoing governance
  • The brunt of vote text writing

Sorry for not using the template tablet, I don’t think this fits well into those categories.

Payment

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

$1500-$2000 sounds reasonable.

We’ve previously done $500 per vote. These are a little smaller on average. The vote text work has improved in quality a lot and the digests have been much more important in this timeframe imo.

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

No

1 Like