Round 7 - GMC Call for Retrospective Awards - Deadline Is December 10

RPIP-30 preview trees

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

@Patches @ patches.eth

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

and

Over about 2 days of work, I implemented RPIP-30’s post-phase-in state in treegen, and created two alternative-history trees for interval 15.

These aimed to answer the question, “all else held equal, what would rewards for every node look like if RPIP-30 was already enacted and past its phase-in”.

I believe they helped the community understand the shape of the rewards curve, and the tangible incentives the new tokenomics would create, reducing confusion during the vote.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Has been released without a license, in that the forum posts link to my diffs in smartnode.git

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders N/A
rETH holders N/A
Potential NOs N/A
NOs A resource to help in a major governance vote.
Community N/A
RPL holders RPL holders who pay active attention could see how inflation, which devalues their RPL, is being spent under the new proposal, compared to under the status quo.

Payment

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

$1000

Conflict of Interest

None

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

None

2 Likes