Round 7 - GMC Call for Retrospective Awards - Deadline Is December 10

Please do not ban me nor @Snocones I needed someone to post before I could post a 4th RA application.

Treegen v8 Thoughts / Spec Proposal

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

@Patches @ patches.eth
Knoshua
Valdorff
Ramana

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

This document was prepared in anticipation of RPIP-30’s ratification, and outlines my analyses of the various options for the next treegen spec, which will (most likely) incorporate the changes RPIP-30 prescribes.

I offer my opinion of 3 possible options and recommend a specific strategy, describe the specific changes needed for the treegen spec as well as the a recommendation for the merkle tree json.

I spent about 1 day on it. I had help from the other people mentioned-
Knoshua, Ramana, and Val all provided feedback at various stages.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Has been released without a license. I have an implementation of the ln function as specified in the document that is not released but available upon request.

In the case of specifications, it is often healthier to release a specification without an implementation, so independent parties can create unbiased implementations.

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders N/A
rETH holders N/A
Potential NOs N/A
NOs Hopefully this work helps with the lift required to implement the changes prescribed by RPIP-30, for which the pDAO (NOs) have voted heavily in favor
Community N/A
RPL holders N/A

@jcrtp is the main audience for this document, if the GMC wishes to get a sense of how helpful it is, ultimately that is down to his opinion.

Payment

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

Patches: $300
Ramana: $100
Val: $100
Knoshua: $100

Conflict of Interest

None

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

None

3 Likes