September 1-9 2023 GMC Call for Grant Applications - Deadline is September 9

Project: SheNodes Rocketpool Internship

What is the work being proposed?

• Develop a Rocketpool Learning pathway Mentorship Program
• Rocketpool Sponsored Node Campaign with Educational Content Videos
• Proof of (3) female apparel items

Our step-by-step plan involves continuously refining and expanding our educational resources to keep up with the evolving web3 landscape.
We seek strategic partnerships to offer exclusive content and ensure our learners stay ahead in the Ethereum staking realm with RP.
What sets SheNodes apart is our unwavering commitment to empowering non-technical individuals.
SheNodes is more than an educational platform; it’s a gateway to a more inclusive and decentralized future in the world of blockchain.

Is there any related work this builds off of?

Yes, SheNodes is the recent winner of the EthWomen Hackathon Women Leader
See Dorahacks for more info: https://dorahacks.io/buidl/6840

SheNodes is a pioneering educational mentoring community designed specifically for non-technical individuals without software development background.
Or mission is to provide accessible and inclusive resources that empower anyone, including women to become a skilled staker or node validator within the Ethereum ecosystem.

#Will the results of this project be entirely open source
Absolutely. The initial learning content will be open for anyone to view on YouTube, discord, X and the SheNodes website.

Benefits

The demand for educational resources in the Web3 space is rising, with a growing number of non-technical individuals seeking to learn about Eth staking and node validation. Through education and awareness more females can be involved in staking as a node validator.

How does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

Based on the industry research, SheNodes identified a niche opportunity to create an educational mentorship community that caters to non-technical individuals and fosters inclusive learning experiences in Ethereum staking and node validation.

How does this help rETH holders?

• More participation
• More security of collateralized token
• More diversity & decentralization
The amount of staked rETH and number of Rocketpool node validators participating in the network are key indicators of the health and security of the RP ecosystem.
This high level of participation shows a strong commitment to the network and its potential for growth and innovation. As more individuals and institutions continue to recognize the benefits of staking, we can expect to see continued growth and development in the Rocketpool community. Early participation for female node validators empowers the network to recognize the importance of diversity.

How does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

Word of mouth, and networking is strong advertising. SheNodes will raise awareness that anyone can become a staker and node validator if given the right tools.

How does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

Celebrating through mentorship. RP node validators want to share their wisdom with others. This bridges the new players with the experienced OGs. Being a mentor can be a very rewarding experience.

How does this help the Rocket Pool community?

Inclusivity, undefeatable teams, and world changers!
The RP community is an amazing group of individuals that seem to fit with my vision.

I am driven by passion for democratizing access to blockchain opportunities. My commitment to inclusivity and diversity in the blockchain ecosystem motivates me to build a platform where every individual, regardless of their technical background can thrive.

How does this help RPL holders?

Community growth, Brand awareness, token value, security as more are onboarded as stakers and node validators.

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

Many but RP first. Undeniably the best project, So I want to start with the best first.

Will the resulting project be open source?

Yes, the initial content will be open for anyone to view on Youtube,X and the SheNodes website

Team

Proton Girl- I am the founder and CEO
KPhilly- Advisor
Issy- Node Fellow

Who is doing the work?

The entire team

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

Professionally I am in Healthcare 20+ years.
I have a background as an educational affiliate at the University of Cincinnati Cryptoeconomics lab. Experience includes PoW mining, hardware wallet guru, YouTube Channel host,interviews, research, podcast. I have no PoS experience and I do not have a tech background. But… my drive is what sets me apart.
Mostly I am a lifelong learner and teacher on things that I love.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

SheNodes YouTube Channel is up. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJpZTo3PkHVBh84JisbQ6iw

Goal 1 (8 weeks) (: Rocketpool Campaign: The Non-traditional validator
• Create a RocketPool series section on the channel
• 10 total videos (Retroactive of 5 interviews posted)
• 5 additional videos to create over an 8-week period.
• The DAO can create a poll for topics (interviews, tutorials ect) and vote on each post. The GMC will announce.
• The DAO can rate to value content of each post on a 1-10 scale
Goal 2 (12 weeks) : RP Mentor section on SheNodes
• sheNodes website is pending: Goal to publish in 8 weeks
• Have a RP section on the site as an ambassador with training and educational topics. Along with links to site.
• site clicks for RP tab will be tracked with goal to bring more traffic into the site.
• Will provide testimonial section.

Goal 3 (12 weeks): Develop (3) Prototypes for RP Female Apparel ( I am crafty)
• I have personal access to make shirts, bags,hats
• I would like to create 3 prototypes to present to the DAO
(this would be great for conferences and events!- You could use profits for more grants)

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

Testing would be based on number of Views from Channel
Input from the DAO/GMC with a value-based rating scale 1-10 (10 best)
Approval of Apparel from the DAO/GMC once submitted.

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

On the youtube channel and SheNodes site.
Apparel proofs will be given to the DAO GMC to create as he/she wishes

Payment and Verification

Goal 1 $ 2000 once completed videos are value rated 5 or better
Goal 2 $1000 Once SheNodes website has an RP tab with monitor capabilities
Goal 3: $ 1000 Once 3 proofs are approved by the DAO

What is the acceptance criteria?

As described above.

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much USD $ and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

As described above. Payment once goals are met.Timeframe above is estimated and may vary by 4 weeks.

How will the GMC verify that the work delivered matches the proposed cadence?

As above

What alternatives or options have been considered in order to save costs for the proposed project?

I have equipment for interviews and education (green screen, software)
I have a Cricut cutting machine and press to make apparel
SheNodes website will be funded by CryptoChick Bounty winnings.

Conflict of Interest

I have no conflict of interest. I do work with KentPhilly on Eth Staking guide. I will also have various sections of staking platform/protocols on my site. However, I would like Rocketpool to be the first ambassador of the SheNodes community.

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

No I am not a member of GMC

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?```

NO

1 Like