2023-10 GMC Nomination Thread

Alignment Statement

Before I start my alignment statement, I would like to say I had the most incredible time as a GMC member, and I cherished working with the best people in the Rocket Pool community. If chosen again, I will do my utmost to bring my best self to the GMC.

Thank you @ShfRyn for nominating me.

I live and breathe Rocket Pool. Most of you will know me as the face of Rocket Fuel, a daily news show about everything happening in the Rocket Pool community. Through that, I have gained the trust and respect of the community, and I work tirelessly to help Rocket Pool be the most amazing protocol aligned with Ethereum.

Conflict Statement

I have some conflicts. The vast majority of my crypto worth is in RPL and Eth, but I was given an “OG” allocation of tokens of the Diva Staking protocol. This is currently worthless, but it is likely it will gain value during my next term on the GMC. I did not seek these tokens out. Regardless, I have become one of the bigger voting delegates on that protocol (mostly votes delegated by people in the Rocket Pool community who also received tokens), and I take the votes delegated to me very seriously. With all that said, I have always, and will continue to, put Rocket Pool first.

Rocket Fuel is significantly funded by the GMC, but I have never let my grant impact my work.

Identity Statement

I have met more than a hundred people from the Rocket Pool community in person, and a lot of those people know my name. People have my phone number and even know my home address (please don’t wrench me!).

Discord: waqwaqattack
Reddit: Reddit - Dive into anything
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/waqwaqattack
Wallet: waqwaqattack.eth

Contribution Statement

I am extremely proud of the way I have contributed to the GMC in the last year. My member contribution record speaks for itself. By almost every metric, I have been the most present and engaged member of the GMC. On top of the GMC work, My work with Rocket Fuel means that this protocol is something I contribute to every single day. It is through that work that I have the honour of being one of the biggest vote delegates in the community. I take voting in pDAO matters extremely seriously, and I have not missed a single vote.

Behind, and in front of, the scenes, I have built relationships with dozens of people in different protocols with the intention of spreading integrations for RP tokens.

Preferred Subcommittee: Marketing
I am currently on the Marketing subcommittee, and I feel this is where my work on the GMC will be most impactful.

4 Likes