2023-10 GMC Nomination Thread

I accept the nomination, thank you!

I’m on vacation and limited on time, so please forgive me for keeping my statement brief. If you want to get a sense of my background and perspective, my original statement is still applicable: GMC Nomination Thread - #34 by Dondochaka.

Here’s what I think you should know:

My life is and will be unusually busy at least through the rest of this year. I want to be very clear: I am not able to keep up with all of the discussions about grants, attend every meeting, and think deeply about precisely what fair compensation looks like and what should be funded (I do my best with the time I have). I’m not sure that going the whole nine yards is a feasible volunteering effort, with the current system, but we have some extraordinary members who get close.

I will do my best to keep the ship moving forward. I believe my participation to date has been at least average, as far as regular duties go. I’m most interested in contributing to incremental improvements to the GMC, from the inside. I suggested the treasury diversification initiative and have contributed some tweaks to internal processes.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM or ping me. Cheers!

4 Likes