A poll for node operators to gauge sentiment

This poll is for node operators and is anonymous.

At the moment several community members are working on enabling ETH only LEB8 minipools accessible to everyone long ahead of Saturn (next RP release with new tokenomics). It is necessary to get some input from NOs to make better informed design decisions.

Please, answer the following question:

:crystal_ball: Imagine, you start receiving RPL rewards from the next checkpoint onward all of a sudden, independent of RPL price movements. Like an airdrop. What would you do with those rewards?
  • sell, no matter what RPL price is
  • hold/stake, no matter the price
  • sell or hold depending on RPL trend
0 voters
2 Likes

I would like rewards to be given direct from the smart contract and not air drops. I’m in this for the most accurate contract written and not gimmicks.

1 Like

Seems like no one ever really addressed this. I think the phrasing as an airdrop was meant to force mental framing of the new stream of RPL rewards if we removed the cliff. Not sure this was the best move. The RPL rewards would still be claimed from the Rocket Pool reward contract as they are now. Though important to note that the actual reward calculation already happens off-chain.

I only suggest that airdrops are something that might be included into a smart contract that will automate this process. This would reduce the scammer risks for the NO’s and would be a nice feature to include in the Rocketpool portfolio :slight_smile: