Since the introduction of the GMC Administrator role, my removal from the multisig occurred due to my non-membership status in the GMC. This alteration disrupted the operational flow. Currently, the burden of creating and executing transactions falls on individual members, leading to inconsistencies and delays, with members like Joe frequently stepping up to execute.
If added, the admin can pay the gas fees to execute the transaction and then the GMC only has one person to reimburse. Members, who already dedicate considerable personal time to volunteer for GMC, must additionally pay around $10 each time they execute a transaction. Numerous requests from GMC members highlight the need to integrate the admin into the multisig.
I prepare the JSON file 2-3 days before payments, aiming for transactions to be executed by the 15th of each month. However, delays occur due to the verification process, wherein another GMC member must cross-verify data before creating the transaction after the admin has already done so.
To streamline our procedures, several enhancements have already been implemented
- JSON Creation: The admin prepares the JSON, simplifying the uploading process for creators.
- RPIP-29 Ledger: The admin maintains a comprehensive ledger of all awards, aiding in efficient data verification.
- How To Upload Guide: A guide has been created detailing the process for members to upload JSON and create transactions.
- Verification Guide: A document guides members on cross-referencing and verifying data using multiple sources.
- GMC Server Payment-Addresses Thread: A dedicated thread allows awardees to post their addresses, aiding signers in verification.
- Appointed TX Creators: Two designated transaction creators are assigned to take actions within specific timeframes.
Despite these enhancements, the absence of the admin in the multisig hampers our ability to meet the 15th deadline consistently, resulting in operational inefficiencies, and more time and labor spent on the payment process than necessary.
Benefits of Adding the Admin to the Multisig
- Timely Operations: Inclusion of the admin ensures timely creation and execution of transactions, meeting deadlines efficiently.
- Optimized Accounting: Empowering the admin to pay gas fees optimizes accounting processes, ensuring smoother financial transactions for GMC and only one individual to reimburse for gas fees.
By integrating the GMC Administrator into the multisig, we can enhance operational efficiency, minimize delays, and ensure a seamless experience for all GMC members involved in transaction execution.
Edit: This assumes transactions would go from requiring 6/9 to 7/10 signers.
Should We Add The GMC Administrator To The Multisignature Wallet?