Adjust terminal user interface size to make it suitable for smartphones

This is a rather simple and small request but that would enable safer and easier remote acces.

I used to be able to open the TUI (terminal user interface) on my phone, but this functionality has been gone since some time. Now I get a message saying that my screen is too small to display the TUI.

Would it be possible to adjust the TUI so that we can access it everywhere on the globe via a smart phone sized display?

I think it just need to shrink a little bit to be able to fit the screen again. This would make my holidays more pleasant ;).

Please let me know if I am the only one that is interested in this or not.

• I would also like to see this change
0 voters

That is the hard thing about your request. Smartphones nowadays are so vastly different. I like compact ones, so I have a (I believe) 4.6ā€™ā€™ display. But other phones have like 99999 inches, they are sooo big. Of course Iā€™ m joking but the question still is: What is the minimum size the TUI should fit on? And with what resolution?

At some point, you just have to concede.

Good point. We can use statcounter data for that. Basically 6.1 inch is by far the most used, which makes sense since the iPhone and Samsung phones use this format. For certainty we can go for 6 inch just to be sure.

Screen size
https://www.blackview.hk/blog/tech-news/most-popular-phone-screen-size#:~:text=According%20to%20a%20report%20by,6.3%20inches%2C%20and%206.5%20inches.

Resolution