The Stereum team, part of the Rocklogic GmbH, formally requests a grant from the Rocketpool community to fund our efforts to develop, implement and maintain a RP Node Provider service in the next 6 months.
Why is this important for RP?
Our main goal is to offer an additional way to set up & maintain a Rocketpool Node - besides other Ethereum services like execution/consensus clients, SSV clients, etc. This would enable the Rocketpool community to gain an additional avenue to set up the PRL protocol and would align with the decentralization efforts of Rocketpool as a whole.
On top of this, we are pretty good at breaking things, meaning if we should stumble across an obscure problem of any kind, we will support the Rocketpool team in identifying and fixing it.
Stereum is a free to use Open Source Ethereum Node Setup.
The general feature set includes:
(incomplete list, for more information visit: stereum - stereum ethereum node setup)
- UI to lessen the technical burden & quickly install and configure an Ethereum node, being able to choose from 4 consensus clients and of course Geth.
- UI to handle the configuration of said node, including monitoring (Grafana + dashboards), basic OS maintainance and config import/export (encrypted).
- Supports use of multiple beacon nodes & failover execution client functionality (use multiple execution client node urls, organize by priority)
- A companion mobile app, that we are planning to build out with 2.0, the “Stereum Node Monitor”, which enables the Node owner to create multiple different notifications (e.g. alerts) using grafana and receive the alerts in real-time on the paired smart phone.
- Short release cycle of 2 weeks (critical fixes get released faster of course).
Joining this list of functionalities, the 2.0 version of Stereum - the Stereum Node Manager, which is currently in development, will feature:
- New Backend Architecture - Setup on a service-basis, not a use-case basis. Right now it’s only possible to choose from predefined docker-compose with minimal customization, Stereum 2.0 makes it possible to select all services independently and also provide users with recommended setups with preselected services depending on the user’s use-case.
- UI Rework - capturing Ethereum’s modularity, supporting all kind of node configuration, with plans of touchscreen compatibility!
- Extended Execution Client support - integrate 2 out of the 4, making it a total of 3 (including geth) supported execution clients on Stereum.
- Client Switch - Seamless & simple way to switch between clients in case of client diversity issues/client network issues/client bugs.
- Network Switch - lets the user experience the benefits of staking on testnet and when feeling confident enough switch to mainnet with the same settings (Graffiti, linked mobile phone, etc.).
- Express Installation - Enable the user to select the use-case of the node at time of setup, which is currently split up in
- Blox’s SSV
Based on this the Stereum team wants to offer to the Rocketpool community:
Rocketpool express installation with customization options which come with Stereum 2.0. Automated setup process of eth execution client, eth consenus client & Rocketpool smart node stack within Stereum with UI Wizard & UI Control Center
Adapting to new versions & features of Rocketpool
Add Rocketpool Grafana dashboards to view metrics of Rocketpool
Rocketpool-themed UI in Stereum abstracting Rocketpool management options:
Support Service Commands, Node Commands & Minipool Commands with the UI
Support Minipool Management:
- Loading Node Wallet using Stereum app
(interacting with smart contract via wallet connectors)
- Change Withdrawal Address
- Claiming RPL
- Migrate Minipool
- Include in Stereum’s config import/export process
- Vanity Customization
- Loading Node Wallet using Stereum app
Overview of staking information of the minipool with various information (depending on availability of API)
Support on Discord to Stereum users running Rocketpool
Support of testnet of Rocketpool
Benefits of future Stereum features & releases
Stereum “Rocketpool” Setup & Maintenance Instruction in Stereum & YouTube, stereum.net
Estimated cost (denominated in RPL)