MC Terms, Vacancies, Backup Signers

High level

• ~Yearly elections
  • How vacancies get filled
  • IMC election must kick off (as it’s made up of non-elected members)
  • MCs may optionally add a team backup signer
  • Removed a line about pDAO review of MC membership – not very clear what it meant, and less important with a schedule

No poll for overall support yet – looking for feedback!

One variant that was brought up was whether we should specifically align or specifically stagger elections across MCs. Right now, that’s simply not specified, which allows for the pDAO to do as they wish; they can use the 10-14 month wiggle room, or they can call for an early election as needed.

That said… let’s see what people prefer:

• Aligned elections across MCs
  • Staggered elections across MCs
  • Leave it as is – not explicitly specified
  • :woman_shrugging: I don’t care

0 voters

We need this for MC to operate efficiently.

1 Like

Note to self from discord:explicitly note that there’s no term limit - ie, people can be reelected freely

My current thought is a new bullet under Terms and Vacancies:

• Members MAY be re-selected freely; no term limit is specified.
1 Like

Given the very weak lean towards Aligned Elections in the survey (1 vote), I’m thinking of putting in a bullet as fully optional “MAY”. That should be enough to nudge in that direction when possible without being a strong pressure?

Current
  • MCs SHALL be fully re-selected between 10-14 months from their last full selection.
    • MCs SHOULD be re-selected approximately yearly.
    • Selection timing MAY consider convenience (holiday timing, conventions, etc).
Edit
  • MCs SHALL be fully re-selected between 10-14 months from their last full selection.
    • MCs SHOULD be re-selected approximately yearly.
    • Selection timing MAY consider convenience (holiday timing, conventions, etc).
    • Selection timing MAY consider efficiency (aligning multiple elections).
2 Likes

Both the term limit change and the MAY wording on aligning elections works for me.

I got the 2 edits noted above in the RPIP, so I think we’re ready to gauge sentiment…

Promising community sentiment poll (per RPIP-4)

• I support this
  • I don’t support this
  • Undecided
  • To support this, I’d like to see edits as I describe below

0 voters

Per a quick poll, I’m gonna add a small tweak about folks accepting the seat, so there’s no confusion of when to move on.