New Rocket Scientists?

There was, briefly, a proposal that would grant Rocket Scientists control of the pDAO purse strings, but I think that moment has passed and we can afford to be a bit less precious about granting the role.

Off the top off my head a handful of people who I would nominate are-

• [object Object] - tirelessly helping new users and NOs
  • peteris - rocketscan
  • knoshua - continually providing valuable feedback on the decentralization and defi side of things

It would be nice to have some sort of rubric we can use to evaluate these decisions, as well, as the role is somewhat poorly defined right now.

17 Likes

100% supportive of each of these; invaluable members with a deep understanding of the protocol.

An exact rubric is probably tough, but I always viewed the role as outstanding, active members with good technical knowledge of the protocol and are helpful in what ways they can be.

At the same time, I feel like someone like Jasper should be included too given how often he goes above and beyond on the integration and community-side of things.

I guess it should be nailed down if the community and team want it to be a “community support” role or an “outstanding community contributor/expert in some protocol area” role.

4 Likes

Good thought! Those 3 suggestions are highly deserving.

Re @DaserDog’s idea of expanding to include Jasper-like, I think I’d prefer a separate tag for folks helping non-technically (Marceau also comes to mind in this category). “Crew”, “Cadet”, “Space Traveler” – I’m sure we can come up with something spacey that’s not techie if we agree with the premise.

2 Likes

I agree with the initial list as well as the addition of Jasper, Xer0 is a rocket scientist who also fits more into a Jasper-like role imo so there is precedent for people that aren’t linux gurus.

1 Like

I was a bit annoyed with not having faucet access today, so I pinged Nick about this post and he put it on the team’s agenda. :innocent:

I also support the other people mentioned here, some of them deserve it more than me.

Congratulations to [object Object] and peteris for the Rocket Scientist role! Both deserve it.

I also want to leave my support for knoshua. IMO, knoshua has been fundamental to the development of the protocol, and a constant source of insight. At times tough, but fair.

I sincerely hope knoshua receives the Rocket Science role.

10 Likes

i congratulate to the new rocket scientists, you deserve it.
BTW i expected also Knoshua to have the role.

3 Likes

I think @fornax deserves to be a Rocket Scientist.

He regularly helps out in #support and has contributed several features to smartnode.

12 Likes

Agree, Fornax is ultra present and without his help i would have probably not setup minipool

2 Likes

Agreed. @fornax has been amazing and totally deserves it.

I would also like to recommend, again, @knoshua for Rocket Scientist. Their contributions have been nothing short of outstanding for a very long time now.

8 Likes

Reiterating calls for both Fornax and Knoshua

6 Likes

Definitely agree. Fornax and Knoshua are valuable and extremely helpful in the community and deserve recognition.

6 Likes

fornax, knosh, waq, ramana, hanniabu

4 Likes

Thanks for all the support on this thread, it means a lot to me!

I’d also like to recommend @knoshua for Rocket Scientist. His contributions to the protocol are substantial and the previous excess saltiness has been replaced by a much healthier focus on collaborative problem-solving. kudos to you knosh!

I also support @peteris proposal for Rocketscan to join the oDAO, either as a full member or as a second seat shared with the rocket scientists.

6 Likes

I agree, I think it’s well past due for Fornax to become a Rocket Scientist.

Also, I’m aware of some of the past friction between Knoshua and the team, but he’s really decreased the salt content recently and there is no doubt he is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable community members.

3 Likes

I’d also like to see @knoshua become a Rocket Scientist. He participated in testing Atlas, reported a bug to Immunefi that was then fixed and his conduct has been good and unseasoned.

8 Likes

I think the New Rocket Scientists program is a very good initiative that encourages community participation and contribution to the development of the platform. It can attract new talent to the community and help ensure the long-term sustainability of the project. I am also glad that participants can get RPL tokens for participating in the program, which can be a good motivation for them to participate. I believe that initiatives like this not only help improve products, but also strengthen ties in the community and create a more attractive and strong ecosystem around the project.

3 Likes