pDAO Treasurer Nomination Thread

@jasperthegovghost has been serving as interim pDAO treasurer. We didn’t do a vote here, just informally said stuff in discord. This was needed at the time to get things rolling quickly, but I think we now have a little breathing room to properly select who we wish.

We’ll be following the “Management Committee Selection” method described in RPIP-10 (RPIPs/RPIP-10.md at main · rocket-pool/RPIPs · GitHub), so this thread will be live at least 5 days.

• Anyone can nominate anyone, including themselves
  • Anyone can remove themselves from consideration simply by saying so
  • After 5 days, there will be a “this thread is closed” comment, and the final list will then be generated

If you are nominated and don’t remove yourself from consideration, please read the “Nominee information sharing” section of RPIP-10 so you can be ready to provide your statements. Since this is running in parallel with a GMC nomination thread, please also state how you’re handling that (eg, removed self from consideration on 1, would happily take both, would remove self from consideration on X if selected for both).

1 Like

I don’t know if he’s interested in continuing in the role, but I’d like to nominate @jasperthegovghost and find out!

2 Likes

It might not be a bad idea. Use the same person as a test case for the first official treasurer. And then jasper can write up all the docs for those that follow.

I’d like to nominate @vacalaranja as someone with both the community standing to be trusted and the technical savvy to make it an easy job for them.

3 Likes

I’m new to RocketPool and spinning up my first node but I’ll like to contribute. I nominate myself @ZMAN4eva.

I will be removing my name from consideration. I am honored that the community thinks I am deserving to continue, however, I believe the role is best filled by someone with a skill set more in line with the role as well as someone with the time for it.

I strongly endorse the nomination of @vacalaranja.

Are you on the RP discord ZMAN? We plan to include info on community involvement for voters.

Yep, just joined the RP discord a couple of weeks ago. Been lurking this whole time so not a lot to add there.

=== Closing nominations here ===
The list: @vacalaranja @ZMAN4eva

Nominees: please provide the info requested in RPIP-10 in this thread. I’ll combine it all in a single table later, so please structure as “Alignment statement, conflict statement, identity statement, contribution statement, additional information (optional)”

Alignment statement

• I’m a node operator since launch, currently running 3 minipools;
  • ETH, rETH and RPL represent most of my net worth;
  • I share RP values of decentralization and censorship resistance.

Conflict statement

I do not own other LSD or LSD governance tokens. I have no affiliation or investment that would motivate me to act against the MC charter or the protocol.

Identity statement

I’m vacalaranja#8816 on Discord. I’m Brazilian and in my 30s. I’m willing to become fully doxxed if necessary.

Contribution statement

I’m an active community member since 2020. I’ve participated in many betas and I strive to be helpful where I can. I’ve developed the uniswap discord bot and have been maintaining it since 07/2021.

3 Likes

Thank you both for having your posts up early - no reminder pings needed :slight_smile:

pDAO treasurer nominees: Please do not modify your statements any more.

Voters:

• Please use the statements above to help guide your voting
  • If you have questions for the nominees, please ask in GMC Membership & pDAO Treasurer Selection
  • Note that modified posts show that they were modified (pencil icon at the top right) and you can click in to see what was modified and when