Rewards Trees v6

I’ve got some proposals I’d like to see work their way into rewards tree generation:

1. The minipool performance file should no longer track performance for a minipool during the portion of an interval where its node was not opted in.

2. oDAO rewards should be pro-rata based on the time they accept the invitation, not the time the node was registered.

3. Exiting a minipool during an interval should not make it ineligible for rewards until the following interval (it will receive a pro-rata share of eth for the attestations it made while still active, and a pro-rata share of RPL for the time it was active).

I may have more, but I think these things all inch purely towards fairness and not away from it, so I wanted to put them on the table before I forgot.

Edit:
I believe the only one of these that can be included without a community vote is item 1, since it doesn’t change the rewards, just the artifacts.

Items 2 and 3 require community votes, ergo, sentiment polls

• oDAO Rewards should be pro-rated based on the time that they accept their invitation instead of the time they register their node.
  • Leave oDAO Rewards pro-ration as it is.

0 voters

• Minipools that exit in an interval should still receive smoothing pool and rpl rewards for the time they were active
  • Leave minipools that exit during an interval as ineligible for rewards for that interval

0 voters

2 Likes

Change 1 pr: https://github.com/rocket-pool/smartnode/pull/353

Community sentiment is going to be “It doesn’t already work like that?”

11 Likes