Round 13 - GMC Call for Retrospective Applications - Deadline is June 7

Patches “optimistic” work prior to May 12

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

@Patches

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

Prior to GA112405 going ‘active’ (2 weeks after approval, which comes out to May 12), and as mentioned in the grant application, I began logging hours for the work I was doing to directly support RP.

This RA pays for those hours at the same rate as the grant itself.

I worked on a handful of projects during that time:

• Adding CI to smartnode repos (completed)
    • CI found existing bugs and prevents future bugs
    • ~ 13.25 hours
  • Fixed bug with vacant, scrubbed minipools:
    • PR 1 PR 2
    • Fixes a smartnode bug plaguing NOs with failed solo migrations
    • 1 hour
  • Improve v2 daemon task abstraction (ongoing)
    • In smartnode v2, the individual tasks executed by watchtower/node daemons intermingle business logic with low level task locking, and an abstraction can help reduce code complexity and repetitiveness
    • 2 hours
  • Create a kurtosis rocketpool-package
    • Would help us write “large tests” - tests are desperately needed to reduce manual testing burden on the team
    • Ongoing
    • 39 hours
  • Rewards Tree v9
    • A portion of the work on v9 began before May 12th
    • Benefits described in RPIP-52
    • ~3 hours

In total, 58 hours of work leading into May 12th.

A detailed breakdown is available on my public Coda: link

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes - GPLv3

Benefit

Individual projects worked on have differing benefits, but the focus has been largely on improving the team’s efficiency via automated tooling, removing technical debt, and paving the way for better testing practices

Costs

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

$5800

Is the applicant requesting RPL or LUSD?

LUSD

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

None