Round 13 - GMC Call for Retrospective Applications - Deadline is June 7

Name of Retrospective Award

May 2024 Support Hours

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

Leighm.eth

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

(This should be my last Solo Retro, and am excited to use the new system going forward).
This grant is for recognition of work performed in the Rocket Pool Support channel, for the month of May 2024. My submitted hours are based on the results from the script haloooloolo has written.

As I said Last month, I wanted to make mention of how important I feel the level of support that the handful of us bring to the Rocket Pool support channel. I have seen countless times, how thankful a node operator is to not only have their issue resolved, but have it resolved quickly by community members who are genuinely attentive and competently work with the NO.

Based on the script output, I have accumulated 17 hours in support for the month of May (May 1st to May 31st). These hours only include work done in the support channel.

rocketscrape --include-threads -c support -s 2024-05-01 -e 2024-05-31 -r 5 contributors --session-timeout 15

Top (:person_raising_hand:︱support)+ contributors from 2024-05-01 00:00:00+00:00 to 2024-06-01 00:00:00+00:00

1. haloooloolo: 42h 9m
  2. Leighm: 17h 3m
  3. Mig - The Evil Overlord N.O. !: 11h 25m
  4. faucetbot: 10h 21m
  5. Steely: 9h 50m

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source

All support messages are available for review.

Benefit

Haloooloolo summarized it very well in previous grant applications.

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders Prospective rETH holders visit the support / general channel for help with navigating the website or ask questions about the reward distribution mechanism.
rETH holders rETH holders benefit from the higher effectiveness of node operators that have been helped in support.
Potential NOs Potential NOs go to support to ask for hardware suggestions, ask about the Smartnode stack or ask other miscellaneous setup questions.
NOs This is the core group for support activity. Most requests involve node maintenance or actively ongoing issues that caused an operator’s node to go offline.
Community Having a strong support channel to rely on is one of the main reasons a potential node operator would join the Rocket Pool community.
RPL holders Mostly NA - indirectly by helping other members of the community and therefore the protocol. Some support requests are about the migration of RPL v1.

Costs

$765. 17 hours @ $45/h

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

Is the applicant requesting RPL or LUSD?

RPL

Conflict of Interest

None