September 1-9 2023 GMC Call for Retrospective Award Applications - Deadline is September 9

Retrospective Award: StakeRocketPool - Educational Videos & How to Guides

What is the Retrospective work being proposed?

StakeRocketPool has created 35 videos on starting in January 2023 with DeFi How-to guides, and then transitioned into Rocket Pool How-to guides, interviews, and discussions on WHAT, WHY, and HOW to stake ETH and run an Ethereum node through Rocket Pool.

This grant request is to be paid for the 30 videos created, excluding the 5 Rocket Pool Node operator interviews, that Sunshine is going to ask for retroactive funding for.

This grant is a specific request for retroactive payment for 30 videos created covering these topics:
1. How-To Videos - DeFi How-Tos, How-to Stake ETH w/ Rocket Pool, How to Run a Rocket Pool Node with a DappNode
2. Interviews - Wallet Providers, AMA Discussions, + Regulatory Insights

Is there any related work this builds off of?

StakeRocketPool is the second largest Rocket Pool only channel (behind Rocket Fuel] that has become a trusted source for the community that is working on 3 different campaigns to add value:

1. How-To Videos - DeFi, How-to Stake ETH w/ Rocket Pool, +
  2. Interviews - Node Operators, Wallet Providers, AMA Discussions
  3. University Token Delegation Governance - Engaging university students to guide Rocket Pool governance decision making w/ analysis & summary videos.

The Content channels & links are below:

Here are the top 5 Youtube videos. The #1 video shows me that a LOT of individuals still are looking for help on how to stake ETH with Rocket Pool:

Twitter Following

Will the results of this project be entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, open source.

Benefits - enter N/A where appropriate

StakeRocketPool has created high-quality evergreen onboarding content that helps fill in the gaps for anyone who 1) can’t find the information they’re looking for or 2) don’t like using Discord/Redditt (forums) to find answers to their questions on Ethereum staking.

With over 400 views, the most of all videos, on how to Stake ETH with a Carbon Neutral Protocol alone has to have driven at least one new rETH holders in the community, but I don’t have conclusive evidence.

How does this help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

Easy to find and follow video guides that didn’t exist before.

How does this help rETH holders?

How does this help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

Video guides on different hardware options available and interviews with current operators to answer questions in any gaps potential node operators have. They can now self service advice from node operators in video format.

How does this help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

The videos highlight ways to find resources for all node operators and how other operators solved their problems.

How does this help the Rocket Pool community?

Integration into universities and young smart talent. How-To guides guides for the Rocket Pool DeFi community make it easy for anyone to learn how to be a more educated rETH or RPL DeFi participant.

How does this help RPL holders?

What other non-RPL protocols, DAOs, projects, or individuals, would stand to benefit from this grant?

No one besides Kentphilly.

Will the resulting project be open source?

Yes

Team

KentPhilly
SunshineStaking - Sunshine is going to ask for her own grant for the Rocket Pool Node operator videos as she plans to host these from her own SheNodes Youtube account one day ahead.

Who is doing the work?

Kentphilly. I did pay ~ $300 for professional help to make the Rocket Pool Dappnode Video.

What is the background of the person(s) doing the work? What experience do they have with such projects in the past?

Solo staker turned RP node operator in 2022, i started this channel to fill holes in the community’s resources and to help onboard the best talent possible globally to the community.

What is the breakdown of the proposed work, in terms of milestones and/or deadlines?

How is the work being tested? Is testing included in the schedule?

How will the work be maintained after delivery?

Payment and Verification

The first consideration is that this work should be compensated in line with other similar work accomplished by other grantees. Waq is paid $270 per episode of Rocket Fuel, Jasper calculated they each received $270 dollars for each unit of media output on average (9 RPL at an average of $30).

Another consideration is StakeRocketPool’s consistency over the last 9 months without asking for any payment. Also the different projects add significant value beyond what is being asked to be paid for.

For these reasons, I am requesting $7,500 (300 RPL/$25.00 - at $250 per video for 30 videos already created.

What is the acceptance criteria?

Each video has a purpose in solving one or more questions while providing examples, references, and additional context to each topic helping to educate the global community of ETH holders, ETH stakers/node operators, and the millions who are interested but haven’t gotten in yet.

What is the proposed payment schedule for the grant? How much USD $ and over what period of time is the applicant requesting?

How will the GMC verify that the work delivered matches the proposed cadence?

What alternatives or options have been considered in order to save costs for the proposed project?

This grant excludes the 10 hours spent to schedule, host, record, edit, and publish the 5 Rocket Pool Node operator interviews, this is a donation to the community. I also did not ask for contribution for the blog posts, consistent tweets, or the creation of the first Rocket Pool University Partnership. I did all editing myself and did not ask for compensation for any of the editing software or production costs, I ate them myself.

Conflict of Interest

I run EthereumStakingGuide.com and am promoting other ETH staking / node options that just Rocket Pool. I favor Rocket Pool, but don’t believe that Rocket Pool is for everyone and that diversity is important in building trust and helping others join our community.

Does the person or persons proposing the grant have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if any member of the GMC would benefit directly financially from the grant).

No. I applied but didn’t make it for the GMC Admin position.
FYI - I am going to help the University of Cincinnati apply for a retroactive grant for the work they’ve done + my ~$100 in ETH donations to the first program leader Regexbuster in the form of $50 in rETH (he didn’t have any ETH yet) and then his ENS domain for 2 years. The university program will ask for it’s own funding to continue; my time and positive encouragement to all university programs to join Rocket Pool is a donation to the community.

Will the recipient of the grant, or any protocol or project in which the recipient has a vested interest (other than Rocket Pool), benefit financially if the grant is successful?```

Yes, 100% I will create more videos and continue to build evergreen educational content that help onboarding anyone, anywhere to the most friendly and professional Ethereum staking and node operation ecosystem.

Moving forward, the channel - if paid for work already created - will continue to create How-To Videos for rETH and the Rocket Pool DeFi community as well as conducting interviews with Rocket Pool community leaders.

Thank you for your consideration.