I am interested in becoming an Oracle DAO member. I’d like to run a node to contribute to Oracle DAO decentralization and diversification, watch over protocol upgrades and it’d allow me to contribute to Rocket Pool full-time.
I was convinced The Merge was going to be a huge catalyst for Ethereum. When I came across the Rocket Pool Investment Thesis on /r/cryptocurrency I immediately knew this is what I had been looking for. I sold all my shitcoins and bought RPL. I joined the Discord server and have been following the community since September 2021.
In December 2021, I started building Rocketscan in evenings and weekends. It was going to be like Etherscan but for Rocket Pool. It was going to have killer features such as a unified RPL holders table with old and new RPL as well as Uniswap v3 LP positions, unified rETH holders table across L1 and L2s and a beacon chain integration. While building Rocketscan I became very familiar with the protocol and its smart contracts.
Here’s a list of my contributions to Rocket Pool
- Single-handedly built Rocketscan, a Rocket Pool explorer
- @RocketscanIO Twitter account where I share news about protocol changes
- Clear minipool queue contract
- Alternative treegen implementation
- Reported a couple of bugs in treegen
- First to report the fee distributor bug
- Participated in a storage contract deployment audit for Maker DAO
- Contributed to the Rocket Pool integration in Zapper
Other contributions that went nowhere
- Snapshot delegation contract prototype (it was used as inspiration)
- Aztec Connect integration (I did not feel like writing unit tests and now it’s sunset)
- Deployed Rocket Pool to Gnosis Chain (works but still needs many changes)
- Added Akula to Smartnode (it was not ready and now it’s dead)
I am also familiar with Smartnode, Docker and Linux in general. When I was 12 I spent a week compiling Linux From Scratch on my Intel Celeron PC.
I’d like to contribute to Oracle DAO client diversity by running less commonly chosen client combinations and platforms. I’d try to do something interesting e.g. run natively on macOS (not in Docker) or Windows or perhaps even FreeBSD. Maybe switch between the platforms based on the season I’m thinking Lodestar as CL and Erigon as EL. I’d be happy to be the first to try Reth when it’s ready.
My node would be located in my apartment. I have a fast residential fiber internet connection. I’m based in Switzerland.
- Jurisdiction: Switzerland
- Residential internet connection (fiber)
- Platform: macOS or Windows
- Clients: Lodestar and Erigon or Reth
- Full archive node
- Fallback on Hetzner or Azure
- No minipools on this node
I’d like to work on an alternative watchtower implementation. One of the most complex parts is treegen which I already have implemented. Patches would also like to build a watchtower implementation which means that there’d be 3 possible options to choose from.
Smartnode has three components: watchower (oDAO stuff), making it easy to run EC & CL clients in Docker and a command line interface for interacting with Rocket Pool smart contracts (registering a node, launchhing a minipool, claiming and staking, etc.). I’d like to build an alternative Smartnode implementation with a user interface similar to Rocketscan. This UI could be an addon to Smartnode and Smartnode would still manage EC & CL clients. One of the killer features would be that the node could be a smart contract such as a Gnosis Safe.
I also have many ideas for Rocketscan features and experiments with Rocket Pool (like getting it to work on Gnosis Chain as a canary network).
Public goods contributions
- Watchtower alternative implementation
- Smartnode UI with Gnosis Safe support
- Rocketscan features
I believe I have good familiarity with the protocol and technical expertise to evaluate contract upgrade proposals and watchtower changes in Smartnode to be able to participate in oDAO governance. I also have the skills to run a node to contribute to oDAO client and platform diversification.
If you are an oDAO member you can create a proposal to invite me to the oDAO like this (both (mainnet and goerli):
rocketpool odao propose member invite 0x3Bb6854c0F46Ede02D117a66d808E3Fb17c9a477 rocketscan https://rocketscan.io