Proposal to fund Bankless sponsorship(s)

I support this. The metrics will be valuable to see who the ads are reaching so we can target future ad buys to narrow to the likely audience.

1 Like

I am in support of this but do recommend that we also implement LEBs in conjunction to take on the demand for rETH that such an advertising campaign would generate. It would be a waste of pDAO funds if we were unable to stake the new incoming participants in the protocol.

If we anticipate more NOs we need to expand and provide more support services. Can we hire Patches full-time?

6 Likes

I support the use of pDAO funds to make this happen- a well crafted ad is a good idea. If the ad is written by anyone not on core RP team, I would like some pDAO funds to go toward compensating whoever writes the ad, and a voting process for pDAO to approve the message

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the costs. Love the idea. I’m comfortable with paying (half of pDAO inflation) for a full quarter leading up to the Merge, at least.

1 Like

let’s do it. agree on perfect timing with the merge on deck.

1 Like

Yes, and I also strongly support Ken’s comments and suggestions.

2 Likes

Yes, strongly support this.

1 Like

I support this. Expensive but worth it.

1 Like

Completely agree @ken and hopefully the timelines converge but we cannot promise because LEB is very much dependant on getting auditor time.

Is there a grant proposal for patches? If not, there should be.

3 Likes

Strongly support the 72k / mo. It’s expensive, but seems like a very good ROI opportunity.

1 Like

Even though I am in favor of this proposal I would like to note that paying a lot of RPLs at this already more than sufficient RPL earning odao member doesn’t feel quite right. Perhaps there is some room for a discount.

1 Like

I support this proposal.

I would suggest that, in addition to getting the updated pricing information, we ask for specifics surrounding expected reach of our ads. In the very least, we would want to know:

1. How many downloads of the new shows per month will we expect during the time the ads are running?

2. How many downloads of those same shows should we expect 2 to 4 quarters after our contract is up?

The latter is just as important as the former because it may allow us the ability to differentiate between initial ad impact and lingering effects of ads in past shows. This is especially useful when considering potential correlations between ads/show releases and various key health parameters such as total eth deposited, number of NO’s, and rETH supply over time.

I would be in favour for a full Q3 Bankless sponsorship

1 Like

I, a single mini pool peasant, support this.

I fully support this proposal

You have my full support, although some discount in the future would be nice.

I am in favor for this proposal.

Definitely in favor - the Merge timing and opportunity for awareness is too big to pass up.

The only questions to me are full or half campaign - and Q3 and/or Q4.

Q3 is a given, as it’s the run-up to the merge which optimistically happens in August, but only if every step until then goes according to plan.
Ideally, we’d still have the campaign up for a while after the Merge actually happens, which for the optimistic timeline aligns quite well (Jul-Sept).

However, it’s also quite possible there are small delays to the Merge and it happens e.g. in October. In that case we’d want Q4 as well.
So I’d be in favor of for example, Q3-half + Q4-half or Q3-full + Q4-half to cover our bases. (I don’t know if Q4 has to be booked right now as well - if not the decision can of course be delayed.)

It appears trading definitely is in support of marketing. Bankless seems like a valuable opportunity especially leading up to the merge.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 2.45.49 PM

2 Likes

As a NO I approve this initiative