Request to Submit Coinbase Listing Application

with coinbase’s announcement of rolling out support for depositing/withdrawing USDC, ETH, and DAI on the polygon chain, that gives a potential opportunity to do a low-cost onramp to self-custody rETH on polygon, rather than the current method of using a bridge if you wanted to swap it or transfer it cheaply (given it’s already supported on polygon).

This could sidestep high gas fee issues as well as feed into an L2-driven validator creation (ie. smart contracts on polygon accepting deposits from rocketpool cli, which are pooled and occasionally bridged over to mainnet to be deposited in either the RPL’s or rETH’s reserves and supplied to validators in the activation queue.

Gemini Earn is still a competitor, although not a staking competitor. And rETH has a 3x or more yield vs Earn. So probably a no go there too.

Support RPL listing; I would wait for rETH until we have more liquidity

@langers Would you also consider submitting an app for Binance? They’re similar (as far as I know) in terms of the application process, and we may have a better chance of getting listed. Particularly as Coinbase is going through some regulatory scrutiny.

IMO having a central liquidity source as we go into the merge would be very beneficial to growth.

5 Likes

for newbies like me there another extremely annoying problem with RPL, there are two different kinds: RPL1 and RPL2. or whatever the name is

it happened to me more than once, actually. maybe I am particularly dumb
or something, but when swapping ETH for RPL I end up getting legacy RPL every now and then. I mean I searched for RPL, right, it looked legit, and I did not check the contract address every time. And then, uh oh. I had to work on converting legacy RPL to the more modern version

so, yeah. if RPL was listed on Coinbase that would be a huge help. huge

I will take a look at this next week.

2 Likes

gently bumping this topic.