Rocket Split - Call For Community Opinion

An application for a Rocket Split audit was submitted during round 8 of the GMC application window.

The audit requests $24,750 paid to Sigma Prime.

For reference, the original Rocket Split was awarded 760 RPL and to date has been awarded half (380 RPL) for completing milestones.

The GMC is interested in understanding the community’s current stance on Rocket Split, particularly in light of Houston’s split withdrawal address functionality.

Here is a link to some of the discussion taken place so far.

How do you think the GMC should proceed in regards to the Rocket Split Audit?

• Fund It
  • Don’t Fund It
  • Other - Please Explain
0 voters

Please note, there has also been a public poll added below.

Another point to keep in consideration is that NodeSet is about to launch, and while it doesn’t do the same thing as rocket split, it will defo be a contender for capital - like people might feel more comfortable depositing into NS than setting up a marriage.

I need to seriously think about this - especially as someone who was strongly in favour of this getting funded.

Is there a way to use Rocket Split without the audit? Are the cheaper auditing firms available?

Is there a way to use Rocket Split without the audit? Are the cheaper auditing firms available?

The team wants it audited and Sigma Prime is the company they prefer.

It was an oversight on my part to not make the poll public.

Here’s a public poll as well:

• Don’t Fund It
  • Fund It
  • Other - Please Explain
0 voters

Sorry, what team? The developers of Rocket Split? RP’s core dev team (Rocket Pool Pty Ltd.)?

RP’s core dev team.

Sigma Prime and ConsenSys Diligence were recommended by @langers.

I’ll double-check with their position on other, more cost-effective auditors.

What is the involvement of RP team here? Do they want an audit in order to integrate rocket split into the official website?

Part of the Rocket Split process was having the contract audited. I don’t think the people creating Rocket Split knew any auditors, so they asked the GMC. Joe is on the GMC, so he asked the Rocket Pool team if they had any recommendations. They suggested Sigma Prime and ConsenSys Diligence as they had worked with those auditors in the past.

1 Like