Round 10 - GMC Call For Retrospective Applications - Deadline is March 10

This thread is for applications for Rocket Pool’s Feburary 12, 2024 - March 10, 2024 grants. Please only post retrospective applications in this thread. If you would like to discuss and/or ask questions about any applications you see in this thread, we ask that you do so in this separate forum thread which has been established for all community discussions related to this round of applications. Only those grant applications that are posted in this thread and timestamped by March 10, 2024 at 23:59 (11:59 PM) UTC will be considered. Any applications posted after that deadline will be carried over to the next award period.

This is the expected schedule for round 10:

• Application Period (February 12th - March 10th)
  • Application Discussion Meetings - one for each subcommittee (March 10th - March 25th)
  • Scoring Deadline (March 26th)
  • Final Voting Amendments, Discussion and Finalization (March 27th - March 30th)
  • Award Announcement (March 31st)

To guide you in your application, the GMC has established the following goals and the following scoring rubric:

GMC Goals

Grants, bounties, and retrospective awards should make it easier and/or more attractive to do one or more of the following:

• become a node operator

• operate a node, mint rETH

• hold or use rETH

• improve the quality of life for the protocol and its community.

Retrospective Award Rubric

To what extent did the proposed and completed project further the GMC goals?

Note: if the project is ongoing, the retrospective award is given for work completed prior to the current award period, with any future awards for the same project expected to compete in the Grants category and as a separate application.

Retrospective Award Application Template

Please copy paste the template below into a reply. Answer the questions there, feel free to remove or add sections based on relevance.

## Name of Retrospective Award

### Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

### What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

### Are the subjects of this award entirely open source ([MIT](https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT), [GPL](https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html), [Apache](https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0), [CC BY](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

## Benefit

<please enter N/A where appropriate>

| Group | Benefits |
|---|---|
| Potential rETH holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to stake ETH for rETH? |
| rETH holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help rETH holders? |
| Potential NOs | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time? |
| NOs | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people already running a Rocket Pool node? |
| Community |  How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help the Rocket Pool community? |
| RPL holders |  How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help RPL holders? |

## Costs

### How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

### Is the applicant requesting RPL or LUSD?

## Conflict of Interest

### Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).
1 Like

Name of Retrospective Award

Rocket Pool Educational YouTube Videos

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

Leighm.eth

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

Over the period of October 2022 to April 2023, 7 education YouTube videos were created to help node operators, who were just starting out, get a first-hand look at what was involved in running a Rocket Pool node.

When I first joined Rocket Pool community in August 2022, I immediately learned that you could run a test node on Goerli to familiarize yourself with the process of running a node before migrating to Mainnet. I am a hands-on, visual learner, and reading pages and pages of documentation can seem overwhelming. Because I had very little Linux experience, I wanted to see if there were videos documenting the steps that could guide me along the way.

Upon researching, I noticed there were almost no Rocket Pool specific videos documenting the steps on settings up and running a Rocket Pool node, and I knew that if I was searching for Rocket Pool videos, others might be as well. So, I took it upon myself to create my first Rocket Pool video showing every step required to successfully launch a Rocket Pool minipool.

The video ended up being 52min long, but, shortly after posting it, I could see the demand was there. In the last 16 months the video has garnered over 5,700 views. I believe these videos filled a gap that existed during a crucial time in Rocket Pools history. Many potential node operators were becoming interested in RP at this time due to LEB8s on the way. Looking at video analytics, views spiked leading up to, and shortly after, LEB8s launch in April 2023.

Videos Created:

Setting up a Rocket Pool Validator from Start to Finish - Post Merge

Setting up a Rocket Pool Minipool - Speed Run!

Updating Rocket Pool Smartnode Software

Pruning a Rocket Pool Node

Securing your Rocket Pool Node

Minipool Bond Reduction - Rocket Pool

Exiting and Closing a Rocket Pool Minipool

Videos can be seen here:

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source

N/A

Benefit

Group | Benefits

N/A

Potential rETH holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to stake ETH for rETH?

The more Node Operators who watched the videos and became comfortable with the process opened up room in the deposit pool so rETH could be minted directly versus the secondary market.

rETH holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help rETH holders?

Node Operators are how the APR on rETH is generated.

Potential NOs | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time?

This was the focus on creating these videos. I wanted to show potential node operators just how easy it was to run a Rocket Pool node.

NOs | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people already running a Rocket Pool node?

Many of the videos show basics steps for Node Operators, such as Updating the smartnode software, pruning your Execution Client, securing your node and Bond reductions.

Community | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help the Rocket Pool community?

Since many of the community members are node operators, I felt these videos would be helpful for both potential node operators and members already running nodes. After the videos were created, I could see the videos being shared amongst community members in discord.

RPL holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help RPL holders?

As a node operator, it is important to understand the role that RPL plays when spinning up a node. I feel the videos do a good job showing the steps and reasoning why it is required.

Costs

65 RPL based on standard media rates. The 7 videos combined have a total of over 8,000 views, and as mentioned above, I truly believe these videos filled a gap during an important time in Rocket Pools journey. The costs are to cover the time used in preparation, creating, editing and answering questions asked on YouTube.

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

$2,100 at time of writing

Is the applicant requesting RPL or LUSD?

RPL

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

N/A

Patches Miscellany During Round 10

@Patches

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

• Tree download improvements
    • Given that the ipfs gateways regularly and reliably timeout after 2 minutes, downloading historical trees can be very slow. A holesky user who has to download 90 intervals will potentially wait hours. This PR takes an iterative attempt-with-timeout approach to cycle through ipfs options and github more quickly, reducing the wait to minutes.
  • Rewards file version type / errors
    • When a new tree file version is released, users who do not update before the first interval that uses the new version are presented with the error unexpected rewards file version. This PR adds a message indicating that they may need to update smartnode when the file version exceed’s the binary’s highest supported version.
  • Sprocketpool voting power
    • Every time we do a pdao vote, community members whip out some scripts to calculate total voting power and subsequently 15% for quorum. I added this functionality to treegen and incorporated in in Sprocketpool, and now voting power reports are available every 6 hours on the public s3 bucket.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, smartnode and treegen repos are opensource

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders N/A
rETH holders N/A
Potential NOs N/A
NOs Improved UX (clearer errors, faster tree downloads)
Community Having voting power reliably reported improves pdao governance processes around quorum calculation
RPL holders N/A

Costs

RPL

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose? (Please disclose here if you are a member of the GMC or if you have nominated a member of the GMC for this retrospective award).

N/A

Rocket Rescue Node - Solo Support and website overhaul dev work

Rescue Node Multisig.

The multisig’s current balance is earmarked for hardware costs (or eventual return to the GMC). This retro would fund development work only.

The Rescue Node (maintenance of which is currently funded by a different grant) added support for solo validators.

Work roughly followed this tech spec: Solo Validator Support - Rocket Rescue Node Docs

We feel that the main beneficiaries of this work are, of course, the solo validators who now have access to the Rescue Node. However, we want to give the GMC the opportunity to ‘sponsor’ the work, since we believe it demonstrates a strong alignment with ethereum values.

The improved website provides a direct benefit to Rocket Pool Node Operators, but on its own (that is, ignoring the new functionality for solo validators) is perhaps not enough to merit the retroactive investment.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, under AGPLv3 and MIT

Benefit

Group Benefits
rETH holders Improvements to the docs and website help NOs use the rescue node more seamlessly, minorly protecting the downside to rETH from their inactivity
Potential NOs Solo validators now benefit from a service whose development and maintenance was RP-funded, which may impact their perception of become a RP NO
NOs Better UI for NOs using the Rescue Node
Community Extending the service to Solo Validators demonstrates RP’s alignment with the staking community,
RPL holders N/A

Costs

In total, $9,600

Time estimates below are best-effort. Actual development took place in spurts over several weeks . A person-day should be considered 8 person-hours.

@Patches - $4,000
Added support to rescue-api, rescue-proxy for solo validators. Designed/wrote the tech spec. Added the /docs path (About - Rocket Rescue Node Docs) to the site and wrote/populated it. In all, estimated to have been about 5 person-days of work.
@dmccartney - $4,000
Rebuilt the website (https://rescuenode.com) from scratch. Added and tested the solo validator tab. In all, estimated to have been about 5 person-days of work.
@hanniabu - $800
Researched feasibility of adding solo support to the original website.
@poupas - $800
Aided with design and development.

A single RPL payment to the RN multisig is acceptable, to be distributed by the maintainers, unless the recipients want direct payments and/or a different denomination.

Conflict of Interest

No. The multisig received a prior retroactive grant for the initial development of the Rescue Node.

1 Like

Work in #support

haloooloolo.eth

The requested grant relates to my work in #support on the Rocket Pool Discord server, primarily over the last 6 months. To quantify the effort, I wrote a Python script that allows me to process the server’s entire message history. As this script may be useful to the DAO as well, I will be requesting a separate retro grant to release its source code.

The primary metric I will be using to justify the grant value is an approximation of time spent in the support channel. This approximation calculates time by grouping messages of each contributor into sessions. A session is assigned a base time of five minutes and is kept alive by further messages within 15 minutes of the previous. These parameters seemed reasonable for support work. The first message to address a problem is usually preceded by some time to look into the issue and figure out the right questions to ask. There may also be some small amount of time spent at the end waiting for potential further messages by the person being helped. The 5 minute base time accounts for these. The 15 minute session timeout also seemed like a decent tradeoff as some significant time may pass between messages when reading through documentation / generally looking things up. 15 minutes should also be short enough for actual breaks and time spent afk to be properly accounted for.

Given this metric, here are the top 10 contributors to the support channel over all time:

1. Patches: 1076h 28m
  2. [object Object]: 560h 31m
  3. jcrtp: 437h 32m
  4. dΞΞtoo (hΞ/him): 326h 43m
  5. poupas: 274h 54m
  6. yorickdowne: 264h 33m
  7. faucetbot: 246h 18m
  8. 0xFornax: 229h 53m
  9. haloooloolo: 202h 39m
  10. lilac: 163h 14m

Based on this, I am requesting $18,000 for 200 hours of work. I believe that $90/h is a reasonable rate for support on a somewhat technical level. To put this into some context, here are the statistics for previous support grant recipients. Time spent is evaluated at the time of the respective grant application.

Patches: 606h - $70,000 - $115/h
[object Object]: 241h - $18,500 - $77/h
0xFornax: 183h - $15,000 - $82/h

Furthermore, these only account for activity that has strictly taken place in the support channel. However, some amount of support work also happens in the general channel and most messages by long-term server members in the general channel answer questions / address issues. If we assume this is slightly less valuable / worthy of remuneration, we reach the following numbers by discounting time spent in general by 50% and adding it to the full support time listed above.

Patches: 666h - $105/h
[object Object]: 303h - $68/h
haloooloolo: 281h - $75/h
0xFornax: 206h - $77/h

I therefore believe my ask is, in addition to being a fair rate for the kind of work done, in line with support grants awarded prevously.

The messages are publicly accessible to everyone.

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders Prospective rETH holders visit the support / general channel for help with navigating the website or ask questions about the reward distribution mechanism.
rETH holders rETH holders benefit from the higher effectiveness of node operators that have been helped in support.
Potential NOs Potential NOs go to support to ask for hardware suggestions, ask about the Smartnode stack or ask other miscellaneous setup questions.
NOs This is the core group for support activity. Most requests involve node maintenance or actively ongoing issues that caused an operator’s node to go offline.
Community Having a strong support channel to rely on is one of the main reasons a potential node operator would join the Rocket Pool community.
RPL holders Mostly NA - indirectly by helping other members of the community and therefore the protocol. Some support requests are about the migration of RPL v1.

Costs

$18,000

RPL

Conflict of Interest

None

1 Like

RocketScrape

haloooloolo.eth

In the process of gathering metrics for my own support grant, I wrote a Discord message analysis tool. This grant is to make this tool available to the DAO.

RocketScrape provides a framework to process message streams for any given time range for either a single channel / thread, a group of channels / threads or an entire server. It is easily extensible to new use cases / analysis types by implemting a few simple methods in a new analysis class. The message stream automatically caches messages in the background so future requests can reuse existing data instead of requesting it from the Discord API again.

The initial impulse to request this grant was given to me by Valdorff.

fwiw, I do think haloo should open source that code, note that it can be used for some of the metrics we need for MC elections, and get a lil $ for it

In addition to committee elections, RocketScrape can also be a useful to determine support compensation going forward, as I did for my own grant.

Yes, I will make the entire source code available on GitHub before March 10.

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders NA
rETH holders NA
Potential NOs NA
NOs NA
Community The tool can be a valuable asset to the pDAO to determine compensation for future grants and collect metrics for committee elections.
RPL holders NA

Costs

I’m requesting $3000 for RocketScrape. I put significant thought into structuring the framework in a way that makes it easy to use and flexible enough to be easily extensible. Overall, I have spent roughly 30 hours working on the tool as I write this, which is likely to increase to 40 as I add some final features.

RPL

Conflict of Interest

None

2 Likes

Bounty Revamp

GovAlpha.

Please note that ShfRyn contributed expertise, time, and a small amount of direct styling work to this project as well. Having discussed this with him, he considers it to have been covered under his funding as GMC administrator and asked not to be included in this retro.

Primarily, this retro covers two main areas of work. Firstly, work on the bounty board site, currently hosted at https://rpbountyboard.com/. Secondly, various items of process work, recommendations, and advice provided with the aim of improving the bounty process.

Bounty Board

A summary of the board’s features and functionality:

• A listing of all current and past bounties that draw from a GitHub repository controlled and maintained by the GMC.
  • Filter, sort, and search functionality of the bounty listings. Including the ability to easily share a specific filter and sort via URL.
  • Countdowns that show roughly when the GMC is expected to take major actions, including adding bounties, posting round results, and making payouts.
  • Basic resources pulled from the GMC controlled GitHub repository, currently consisting of an FAQ and a list of commonly used resources.
  • A bounty feed page that aggregates links to basic bounty-related events, sorted by latest date. Currently, this includes relevant forum posts pulled via RSS and highlighting new bounties.
  • Passably attractive (though I’m not sure I can claim it as professional) display, styling, and presentation of the items described above. I relied on ShfRyn for advice and recommendations for this item.
  • Faux backend work to manage updates of prices and source data via periodic Github actions.
  • Limited documentation of the bounty portal, including how data is managed, the assumptions made of the source data, and instructions to set up a local development environment.

The board repository has been forked to the GMC’s GitHub organization and is located here: https://github.com/rocketpoolgmc/rp-bounty. I’m maintaining write permissions here for maintenance and development purposes for the time being, but ultimately, the front end is also controlled by the GMC.

The board is fully open source, and anyone is free to fork it or contribute improvements. There are several ideas I have for further functionality that I’d like to add, but these will be the subject of a future retro. Bugfixing and resolution of existing issues will be done without the expectation of future funding.

Bounty Process, Recommendations, and Advice

This section is a little more scattered, as I ended up picking up a number of smaller work items more generally applicable to the GMC in addition to the ‘big-ticket’ items.

Bounty Process Changes
I’ve laid the groundwork to improve how bounties are presented to bounty hunters after they have been proposed by the community. In practical terms, this involved:

• Communicating and discussing the suggested change on the forum, and in discord.
  • Discussing the change with the GMC administrator, explaining the potential benefits, and attempting to identify likely pitfalls.
  • Authoring new templates and guidelines for Bounty Proposals, Bounty Definitions, and Bounty Data and submitting them to the GMC’s repository. These have since been adopted by the GMC Administrator.
  • Authoring an update checklist for the GMC Administrator, this checklist describes what the administrator should be checking, reviewing, and updating in order to keep the canonical bounty data up to date.

Bounty Redrafts
Given bounties already existed when I started pushing for these process changes, it was necessary to convert existing bounties to match the new templates. This included:

• Taking existing bounties - which existed only as proposal forum posts - and writing up rough definitions that could be more easily engaged with by a bounty hunter.
  • Continuing to convert new bounties that were produced during this process.
  • Re-drafting these rough definitions once the portal work was complete, and the templates were in a close-to-final state. This included actively communicating with stakeholders that may be affected by any changes, and ensuring they were reviewed and approved by the GMC administrator.

Bounty Incentives RPIP
RPIP-39 is currently in draft form, pending finalization. This RPIP (if passed) will empower the GMC to provide incentives for common bounty activities. I will attempt to push this RPIP to a vote after taking suggested changes from the community, see the discussion thread here.

Miscellaneous GMC Support Work
Beyond these items, there were several minor items that I worked on as well. In some cases where utility was not solely limited to bounties. This includes:

• Writing a bounty FAQ and Resources section that is currently being used on the bounty portal. They were reviewed and approved by the GMC Administrator and merged into the GMC’s repository.
  • Making a written recommendation on conflicts of interest within the GMC, at the request of the GMC administrator.
  • Breaking down the various statuses possible across grants, retros and bounties. This was not anyone’s direct request, but its importance becomes obvious as soon as you try to effectively communicate what’s going on with grants, retros, and bounties to audiences with different priorities.
  • Informal advice to the GMC administrator relating to working within a DAO, regarding workload, communications, and managing expectations.
  • Informal advice to the GMC administrator relating to organizing and managing GMC status and record spreadsheets.
  • Informal advice to the GMC administrator relating to a communication code of conduct for the GMC.

Duration

This work took place over several months, starting in the second week of November 2023, and largely finalized at the end of February 2024, with a few outstanding loose ends, such as the RPIP work, and general maintenance support of the bounty portal. This was a part-time commitment over this time period.

Yes

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders No direct benefit.
rETH holders No direct benefit.
Potential NOs No direct benefit.
NOs Better uptake of bounties should help improve the NO experience and contribute to the overall value of the Rocket Pool protocol.
Community Improvement of the bounty experience makes it easier for community members to find and contribute to bounty work. Potentially, this could bring new individuals or groups to the community.
RPL holders Better uptake of bounties should help improve the NO experience and contribute to the overall value of the Rocket Pool protocol, which may be reflected in the RPL price.

Costs

$45,000

Broken down to an hourly rate, this comes out high, especially given the part-time nature of the work. My justifications for this boil down to:

1. This is a high-leverage area of work. The GMC currently has funds but is bottlenecked on the number of quality proposals. Simultaneously, the GMC has bounties that have been active for months that have not been picked up. Work done to improve process and participation here can help to unlock a lot of value.
  2. While others could likely have done parts of this work for less cost in a traditional working environment, DAOs are both harder to engage with and have a smaller pool of workers available. I think there are very few people who have the desire, ability, and available time to do this work at Rocket Pool at the moment.
  3. There have been notably positive responses to the bounty board and the clarity I’ve attempted to bring to the existing bounties. People have been sharing the link around since the start of the project and generally commenting positively.

LUSD

Conflict of Interest

I’m not a member of the GMC, and no member of the GMC is included as part of this retro.

I have indicated that I will be working on the committee stipends proposal here. That work will proceed regardless of the outcome of this retro.

Blockies - GMC Payment Verification Bot

ramana

After conversations and requests from members of the GMC, ramana built the blockies bot that the GMC can use to verify payment addresses when signing transactions. He made a few iterations to the bot based on additional requests from the GMC. You can read the conversation here.

The amount of payment addresses to verify averaged around 5~6 a year ago, recently the GMC has had to verify 20+ addresses per month. Ideally the bot will reduce verification times while adding an extra layer of verification security.

I have forked the project into the GMC repo.

Benefit

Group Benefits
rETH holders N/A
Potential NOs N/A
NOs N/A
Community Ideally the project should lead to reduced verification times, and a more secure verification process.
RPL holders N/A

Costs

$800

Ramana claims he spent a total of 8 hours on the project to date (2024-03-09 11:00 EST). The requested amount would pay him $100/hr for his work.

RPL

Conflict of Interest

I am the administrator for the GMC. GMC members requested the extra verification layer, and I submitted this application to make sure ramana compensated for his work.

1 Like

Poupas/deetoo/lilac support retros

@poupas
@dEEtoo
@lilac

I know these individuals to be humble beyond the point of requesting a retroactive grant themselves, so I am doing so without prior approval from each of them. I have not spoken to any of them about this post.

Please refer to @haloooloolo 's post here for his timing methodology: Round 10 - GMC Call For Retrospective Applications - Deadline is March 10 - #5 by haloooloolo

Following @haloooloolo 's work in support and subsequent retro application, I’d like to piggyback on and reward three stellar contributors for their time.

@dEEtoo at 327 hours, @poupas at 275 hours, and @lilac at 163 hours represent the only three members of the top 10 who aren’t:

1. Employed by the team
  2. Previous recipients of a retroactive grant for work in #support.
  3. lido node operators (sorry, yorick, for excluding you on the basis of your admirable success as a professional node operator :grin: )
  4. faucetbot, a ephemeral entity who helps people and doesn’t experience suffering or fatigue.

N/A

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders Without combing messages, it is near certain that potential liquid stakers have asked of, and had answered question by, these individuals.
rETH holders ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Potential NOs NOs, pre-commitment and post, are the primary beneficiaries of this support work.
NOs NOs, pre-commitment and post, are the primary beneficiaries of this support work.
Community Engagement in #support is regularly touted as one of the main draws to join the RP community.
RPL holders N/A besides secondary effects strengthening the protocol

Costs

For simplicity I will use the haloooloolo $90/hour rate (see below- his original post is outdated)

Here’s the breakdown:

support hours rate pay
deetoo 327 $90.00 $29,430.00
poupas 275 $90.00 $24,750.00
lilac 163 $90.00 $14,670.00
total 765 $68,850.00

I defer to the individual recipients

Conflict of Interest

N/A

4 Likes

Slight correction for the combined support and general numbers. The hourly rate is fine, but the actual hours are not. Should be

Patches: 666h - $105/h
[object Object]: 272h - $68/h
haloooloolo: 241h - $75/h
0xFornax: 194h - $77/h

ETH Denver Hosting

Long Island Blockchain (LIBC)

Long Island Blockchain reserved two houses in Denver and one house in Breckenridge for ETH Denver to serve as host to 15+ Rocket Pool guests. Starting in December, LIBC began coordinating with community members to determine how much space was needed. The homes were reserved in January at cost of $17,264 for 4 nights in Denver and 4 nights in Breckenridge. Successful hosting was measured by 1)Nobody was sleeping on the floor this year. 2)Guests in a large bed in a private room paid more than guests in a smaller bed in a shared room. 3)It was close enough to the event. 4) It was close enough to the other Rocket Pool home.

Due to some guests backing out, or some guests only staying for a part of the time, only $15,575 was able to be recouped leaving a gap of $1,689. ($2,350 still to be collected, but expected to be paid)

There are a few efficiencies we will bring forward in this process if we host again next year. 1)Accepting a deposit in order to reserve space. 2) Reduce the cost of shared spaces and increase the cost of private space. The shared spaces were much harder to fill up. 3) Add a bit of a financial buffer to the room/bed costs to cover guests who back out.

We tried extremely hard to fill out all the space and keep the costs to the guests to a minimum. LIBC paid the full cost of beds even though we were arriving a day late, and leaving a day early. Despite concessions, we fell a bit short and recovered only 91% of the total spend.

N/A

Benefit

| Group | Benefits |

|—|—|

| Potential rETH holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to stake ETH for rETH? |
N/A

| rETH holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help rETH holders? |
N/A

| Potential NOs | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people looking to run a Rocket Pool node for the first time? |
N/A

| NOs | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given help people already running a Rocket Pool node? |
N/A

| Community | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help the Rocket Pool community? |
The lodging was filled almost entirely of Rocket Pool community members and Node Operators. A large NodeSet gathering was hosted at one of the homes.

| RPL holders | How did the project or work for which the retrospective award would be given how does this help RPL holders? |
N/A

Costs
$1,689 USD. We are looking only to recoup losses and not make any money on the hosting efforts. The opportunity to spend such a great time with wonderful friends and colleagues was truly its own reward.

LUSD

Conflict of Interest

N/A

3 Likes

thank you, @Patches, this is incredibly kind of you :orange_heart: i always tried to live up to your spirit of helping others and generosity (and patience!)

while unfortunate i longer have time to be active in #support since starting my new job, i still manage the subreddit as the primary mod (with the help of ma0za) :saluting_face:

1 Like

RPL DeFi - Rocket Pool DeFi Market Opportunities

regexbuster

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of?

The Rocket Pool DeFi document (www.RPLdefi.com ) has been updated with new market rates and opportunities bi-weekly for the last two months. After the rates were updated, the information was shared on X and Discord. Updating the sheet is the main goal of the project but a thread of the rates and the top opportunity is posted to X, and cross posted in Discord, to showcase the work done on the sheet.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source

Yes

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders Education on current rETH APY and additional yield opportunities in DeFi
rETH holders Education on current rETH APY and additional yield opportunities in DeFi
Potential NOs N/A
NOs N/A
Community Education on DeFi opportunities and How to take advantage of them within the RP community
RPL holders Education and information on how to earn additional yield on RPL if not staked

Costs

Previously the updates and the X thread were awarded ~$50 per update. I am requesting for the past 2 updates (Feb 22nd and March 9th). This would work out to $100 for both updates (~2.9 RPL at time of posting)

RPL

Conflict of Interest

Does the person or persons requesting the retrospective award have any conflicts of interest to disclose?

I am not aware of any conflicts of interest.

Notice: This message marks the closing of the tenth round of Rocket Pool retrospective award applications. Any applications submitted after this will not be considered for this round. The GMC will announce the award recipients in a new thread here on the forums around March 31st. The community will then have two weeks to issue any challenges before funds are disbursed. Thank you to all who applied and thank you to everyone who has followed along. Anyone who would like to comment on existing applications is encouraged to do so in this thread.