Round 10 - GMC Call For Retrospective Applications - Deadline is March 10

Name of Retrospective Award

RocketScrape

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

haloooloolo.eth

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of? Please detail what the project or work entailed and the duration over which it took place.

In the process of gathering metrics for my own support grant, I wrote a Discord message analysis tool. This grant is to make this tool available to the DAO.

RocketScrape provides a framework to process message streams for any given time range for either a single channel / thread, a group of channels / threads or an entire server. It is easily extensible to new use cases / analysis types by implemting a few simple methods in a new analysis class. The message stream automatically caches messages in the background so future requests can reuse existing data instead of requesting it from the Discord API again.

The initial impulse to request this grant was given to me by Valdorff.

fwiw, I do think haloo should open source that code, note that it can be used for some of the metrics we need for MC elections, and get a lil $ for it

In addition to committee elections, RocketScrape can also be a useful to determine support compensation going forward, as I did for my own grant.

Are the subjects of this award entirely open source (MIT, GPL, Apache, CC BY license or similar)? If not, which parts will not be, why, and under what license will they be published?

Yes, I will make the entire source code available on GitHub before March 10.

Benefit

Group Benefits
Potential rETH holders NA
rETH holders NA
Potential NOs NA
NOs NA
Community The tool can be a valuable asset to the pDAO to determine compensation for future grants and collect metrics for committee elections.
RPL holders NA

Costs

How much USD $ is the applicant requesting be awarded to the recipient?

I’m requesting $3000 for RocketScrape. I put significant thought into structuring the framework in a way that makes it easy to use and flexible enough to be easily extensible. Overall, I have spent roughly 30 hours working on the tool as I write this, which is likely to increase to 40 as I add some final features.

Is the applicant requesting RPL or LUSD?

RPL

Conflict of Interest

None

2 Likes