September 1-9 2023 GMC Call for Retrospective Award Applications - Deadline is September 9

Retrospective Award: GMC Administrator

Who is the proposed retrospective award recipient?

ShfRyn

What specific project or work is the retrospective award in recognition of?

Throughout the past several months, I’ve been at the forefront of GMC’s operations, shouldering various responsibilities since late March. These roles have encompassed coordinating meetings, managing awards, acting as a spokesperson, handling grants and bounties, overseeing finances, and coordinating and pushing governance initiatives. For a detailed insight into these responsibilities, you can refer to the job description I crafted: GMC Administrator Role.

Accomplishments

Beyond day-to-day tasks, I’ve achieved significant milestones that have shaped the GMC’s trajectory:

• Driving Change with RPIP-26: I implemented a revamped awards process, removing retroactive caps, and establishing the GMC admin role.
  • Defining Operational Excellence: To ensure seamless operations, I meticulously documented the internal processes in a concise 9-page guide, setting a standard for efficiency.
  • Recognizing Member Contributions: I developed a detailed spreadsheet to track and appreciate member contributions, promoting inclusivity and involvement.
  • Archiving Achievement with RPIP-29: Leading the creation of the living GMC document for tracking current and historical awards, contributing to transparency.

Payment

My compensation request is $15,625 for the effort invested. The assessed value of my responsibilities by the GMC is $3,750 per month. Importantly, this doesn’t cover the considerable time spent on process development, which I’ve chosen not to factor into my compensation request.

I’ve already received $1,672.21 for my GMC contributions through two payments of $1250 each. These payments were calculated as per the bounty award instructions. This includes $957.45 in RPL for July (Transaction Link) and $714.76 in RPL for August (Transaction Link).

Here’s a breakdown of the requested payments for periods not covered:

• April: $3,750
  • May: $3,750
  • June: $3,125 (Adjusted for partial month)
  • July: $2,500 (Adjusted for received bounty)
  • August: $2,500 (Adjusted for received bounty)

Conflict of Interest

It’s worth noting that I was previously a GMC committee member and I’m currently the GMC Administrator.