Thanks to knoshua

Hey @knoshua, just wanted to say a quick thank you for your many contributions to the evolution of Rocket Pool. I certainly hope you consider plugging back into the RP community someday, but mostly I just wanted to make it known that I, for one, appreciated your ideas, insights and suggestions, many of which probably would have been misses had you not raised them–I think RP is and will be better for them. Cheers!

35 Likes

Dear Knoshua

Really sad news to see you have gone, I wish you could just read through the last few hours of #trading and see how much you are valued by the community and Devs. Im sure someone from the dev team will extend an olive branch and I do hope you take it. Rocketpool and Ethereum need critical thinkers like you.

I will remain positive that we will see you again!

8 Likes

I completely echo these sentiments @knoshua. Your contributions to RP have been invaluable, and RP is better off because of you. I believe you are one the key reasons that the pDAO is actually trending towards decentralised governance right now, in addition to your many other contributions regarding incentives, the rETH timelock problem, and other issues with protocol design. I hope you will return at some point when you’re ready, the community will be very glad to have you back, and we all wish you the best until that time hopefully comes. Cheers.

7 Likes

I hope you’re lurking in #trading so you can see the knoshua appreciation fest. Sincerely.

Thanks for everything you’ve done in support of Rocket Pool and I hope you know that the entire community would love to have you back if you’d like to return.

9 Likes

There is a score of protocol features that bear Knoshua’s mark without anyone knowing. He shared critical and concise feedback across all topics. We would not have Twitter Spaces if he didn’t indirectly push me to start it. In terms of how RP values are reflected in the design, there is no replacement for Knoshua. Thanks ser.

8 Likes

@knoshua Just a long time discord lurker and RPL bull. People like you make this community the one of a kind place it is. Thank you!

6 Likes

To echo what I sense is the broad sentiment, I appreciate everything you’ve done to ensure rocket pool’s future. You’re a highly valued member of the community. I hope we’ll see you back around, but if we don’t, I respect it and look forward to seeing what you do next

7 Likes

I will also add my voice to the chorus of appreciation. Knoshua, I always enjoyed reading your posts, and found them insightful and valuable. Thank you!

7 Likes

@knoshua I, too, wanted to say how much I valued your contributions. I appreciated your highly logical and analytical brain. I’ve said that you have a unique skill set to quickly and analytically analyze any problem. I remember fondly how fast you answered “What the idea proration of RPL inflation should be between oDAO, pDAO, and NOs?” It took you less than 5 minutes to get back to me. I thought about your answer for the days afterward and concluded that you indeed had it right. How you figured that out so fast and so assuredly impressed me greatly.

10 Likes

For as long as you are gone, the protocol will miss you.

9 Likes

Knoshua, while we rarely interacted, I’ve always appreciated the quality and magnitude of your contributions to the protocol and community. You’ve consistently championed what you believe to be right and refused to shy away from driving the hard, necessary conversations. Communities need analytical thinkers who aren’t afraid to take a contrarian position.

While I hope to see you back in the future, if that isn’t in the cards, know that you’ll be missed.

5 Likes

@knoshua Speaking for myself, i will miss your contributions to Rocket Pool and your thoughtful answers to my stupid questions. I hope you return to #trading eventually because we all appreciate you.

5 Likes

@knoshua I really appreciate your contributions and help to me and the protocol,
i admit that didn’t like your salty rudeness sometimes, but always respected your POV.
hoping you’ll pop sometimes in #trading to say HI.
i know we’ll miss you

5 Likes

Knoshua,

Always greatly appreciated all the thoughtful discussions and challenges to others’ thoughts, ideas and proposals. You are such a valuable asset to Rocket Pool and have made our community, the protocol and all of RP more robust. We need people like you, independent, thoughtful, strong thinkers, to keep everyone on their toes.
You’ll be welcomed back with open arms if/when you’d ever decide to do so.
You will always be a part of RP.

5 Likes

@knoshua , You pushed this project forward and asked the hard questions nobody else did. You rubbed some the wrong way with your directness and that is what set you apart. I admired that about you and Rocket Pool will surely miss your constructive input if you don’t return.

Take some time out, enjoy the summer and recharge yourself. The roller coaster is just taking off and you should have a front seat.

5 Likes

@knoshua not sure if you saw my post in #governance yesterday before you left expressing my appreciation for you efforts… “I think having a forum where meaningful dissenting opinions can be expressed and taken seriously is extremely important for a healthy ecosystem.” Thanks for your contributions, and I hope to see you back in #trading some day.

5 Likes

@knoshua I spent most of my year in RP’s Discord as a lurker. I’d often catch up on #trading and a select few other channels/threads by skimming quickly and stopping to read things by a select few folks. You were right at the top of that list. If Knoshua wrote something, I’d read it. RP wouldn’t be where it was without your efforts. It was clear over the past few months that you were getting increasingly frustrated with things. Life is too short for that, so I completely understand why you’ve stepped away. I do hope you’ll come back and hang with us in #trading in the future if you ever find yourself in a place where you think that’s possible.

6 Likes

@knoshua I’m confident I speak for the majority when I say I really appreciate your perspective. The protocol is better off with you on our side. Hope to see you back soon.

5 Likes

@knoshua hope you get a well-deserved break and that you might still help review some of our research! Many thanks for your contributions thus far.

4 Likes

@knoshua I’ve only been apart of the Rocket Pool discord for a couple weeks now and we’ve never interacted. I’ve been in the crypto space for a while now and I’ve seen so many communities that are overly optimistic and never question how the project can improve. I always thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments and felt strong about the project because there’s people like you in the community always challenging ideas to make things better. Hope you return.

3 Likes